Japanese visitors can see Junko's Guide for information in Japanese.
U.S. Virgin Islands Division of Tourism:
1270 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
225 Peachtree Street, Suite 260
Atlanta, GA 30303
500 Michigan Avenue, Suite 2030
Chicago, IL 60611
2655 Le Jeune Road
Coral Gables, FL 33134
3460 Wilshire Boulevard
Suite 412, Los Angeles, CA 90010
900 17th Stereet NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20006
33 Niagara Street
Toronto, ON M5V 1C2, Canada
2 Cinnamon Row, Plantation Wharf
York Place, London SW11 3TW, England
|On-Island St. Thomas Tourist Offices|
Charlotte Amalie, phone 340-774-8784.
Airport, phone 340-774-8784.
Havensight Mall, phone 340-774-8784.
The official currency of St. Croix is the US Dollar.
- Junko Nishitani is the USVI Tourist Board special assistant for Japanese tourism. Japanese speaking travelers can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can write her at: Junko Nishitani, Special Assistant, USVI Dept. Of Tourism, PO Box 6400, St. Thomas USVI 00804. Phone (340) 774-8784 FAX (340) 774 4390
- The Chamber of Commerce can be emailed at email@example.com.
St. Croix's festival lasts from Christmas week to January 6th. There is another festival near the midle of March. These events have a tendency to change venue and date rapidly. We strongly suggest calling or writing the Tourist Board to get exact information.
All standard United States public holidays are observed.
- Three Kings' Day, January 6
- Transfer Day, March 31
- Children's Carnival and Grand Carnival Parades, Last weekend in April
- Organic Act Day, June 20
- Emancipation Day, July 3
- Hurricane Supplication Day, July 25
- Hurricane Thanksgiving Day, October 17
- Liberty Day, November 1
- Christmas Second Day (Boxing Day), December 26
English is the official language of the islands, although it may be spoken with a heavy local accent. Patois, a mixture of English, African and Spanish, and Spanish itself are also spoken.
The population of St. Croix was last estimated at 50,139 people.
The area code is 340 followed by a 7-digit local number.
Buses run between Christinasted and Frederiksted about every hour for $1. For information call 340-773-7746.
Taxis are readily available at the airport (the average price from the airport to Christiansted is $10) or will pick you upp throughout the island. Try the St. Croix Taxi Association (340-778-1088), Cruzan Taxi Association (340-773-6388) or Antilles Taxi service (340-773-5020).
The main car rental agancies on St. Croix are Avis (340-778-9365 or 800-331-2112), Budget (340-778-9636) and Hertz (340-778-1402). You also might try Olympic (340-773-2208), Thrifty (340-773-7200) or Caribbean Jeep and Car (340-773-4399). Rates are reasonable but insurance rates are higher than usual because of the high accident rate. Also keep in mind that you must drive on the left. See the USVI Car Rental page for additional information.
See our airline, cruise line and tour operator listings for services to the Caribbean.
See the USVI Weather page.