Reviewers Rating: Excellent
We stayed here with 3 other couples in 1/2011 for a week.
It is about a 10 min. drive to Cruz Bay.
Advise- go to Caneel Bay's beach and if you eat lunch there they will not make u pay the $10 parking fee. It is a beautiful beach.
-the location is within walking distance to the Wesin and you can use their beach. That beach isn't as nice as the northshore ones though.
- Drapes(owner) was great and very helpful with all of the arrangements of the villa. Very easy to deal with and very willing to help. Ex.-- the dishwasher stopped working and she had someone there the next morning to fix it.
- the bedrooms are identical and very nice.
-the dining room table is huge and seated all 8 of us easily.
- the free form pool is great and deep on one end. They had 4 lounge rafts and several lounge chairs.
- the villa has up to date furnishings and is well maintained.
- Drapes had a bottle of rum and some snacks when we arrived and picked us up at the ferry. We got in after Paris car rental closed and she went and signed for the jeep for us before we arrived. VERY nice!!
- although some people may like all the palm trees (they are beautiful), they seemed to obstruct the view of the ocean. You could see the ocean but with some trimming and a few taken down the view would be better. in my opinion-
-the people staying before us emptied the liquor cabinet so we had to make a trip to the store the 1st night. We didn't do that to the next guests. We had quite a bit of booze we left behind.
-there was no sugar or flour so we bought that and left it behind too. I'm not sure what is normally at a villa so maybe the condiments like that aren't usually there. This really has nothing to do with this villa in particular but about the guests who stay beforehand. Or maybe the cleaners take that with them?! Groceries are so expensive that its hard to go out and buy a whole lb of something when u will only use 1/8th of it. St John is worth it though:)
I'm sure that I'm missing something so if you want to ask me any questions just send Drapes an email through their website and she can give u my email address. I don't want to leave it here. We stayed in the villa 1/28/2011-2/5/2011. I also have pictures of the villa if anyone wants to see them I can email some to you. I don't think I can leave pics with this review.
Visit our Villa rentals page for the widest selection of privately owned villas and rental agents