Kachi Ra in Bethany

Travel discussion for St. John
crickett

Kachi Ra in Bethany

Post by crickett »

I searched this forum and only found a few posts that were somewhat relative to what I need.
My wife and I are planning our 6th trip to St. John and will be staying a minimum of 4 weeks. One place, listed through VRBO, seems to fit our plan, but I can't seem to find much information and reviews on it other than what's on the VRBO website. It looks great there, but of course, that's not always accurate.
Has anyone stayed at or been to or have any other information on Kachi Ra in Bethany?
Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Glenn
AquaGirl

Re: Kachi Ra in Bethany

Post by AquaGirl »

Hi crickett - How fun to be able to stay 4 weeks or more. We've never stayed at Kachi Ra, but I found a few mentions of it on-line, so I wanted to share them, in case you hadn't already seen them.

- Someone called it a "great, clean place".
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g ... lands.html

A thread on TA had some helpful info.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g ... lands.html

It sounds like an affordable and decent place. I noted 2 things from the photos on their website. Not sure if they have a shaded spot to hang out and/or eat. (For us this is important.) The pics don't show much of a view, but multiple reviews talked about the wonderful views, so the pics must not do it justice.

Happy trip planning!
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

crickett wrote:I searched this forum and only found a few posts that were somewhat relative to what I need.
My wife and I are planning our 6th trip to St. John and will be staying a minimum of 4 weeks. One place, listed through VRBO, seems to fit our plan, but I can't seem to find much information and reviews on it other than what's on the VRBO website. It looks great there, but of course, that's not always accurate.
Has anyone stayed at or been to or have any other information on Kachi Ra in Bethany?
Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Glenn
Hi, Glenn. I have not rented Kachi Ra, but the owner is an acquaintance of mine and I have stayed in that condo complex (Pastory Estates) before, though it's been awhile (it was back in 2004). The owner is actually a forum member here, though not a frequent poster. She is a trustworthy full-time STJ resident so I can say with confidence that the listing is accurate :)
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

I have stayed here multiple times. It is a well appointed condo. There is a shady porch with a table and chairs. You can walk out to the pool directly from the porch. At the pool there is a BBQ grill and tables and chairs and lounges. If either one of you is unable to walk up stairs that could be a problem as there are quite a few stairs from the area in which you park. There is only air conditioning in the bedroom but there always seems to be enough of a breeze in the condo along with the ceiling fans that ac in the unit never seemed to be needed, and I stayed there in August.
The view is excellent. Another plus is that Pastory Estates, as the complex is called, is close to town. The neighbors are pleasant and quiet.
There is a washer and dryer located just below the condo (coin operated).
Plan on staying there again in August. Please feel free to ask questions.
Boxer5

Post by Boxer5 »

Silverheels said it all I am her sister and we've stayed there often and we are coming back in Aug. Being able to walk out to the pool is a great feature. We didn't use the air conditioner at all last Aug.
Boxer5