A gripe re: posting replies

Travel discussion for St. John
St. John Lover

A gripe re: posting replies

Post by St. John Lover »

Hi Anthony,

I think I'll probably really like this forum once I get used to it BUT one gripe I have is--

Posting replies. The old forum used to automatically fill in the subject you were replying to as well as your handle. Now, you have to fill in the subject line yourself as well as your handle. I actually gave up posting 3 times because I found it very tedious to have to go back 'home' to figure out what the appropriate subject line was!

Anything that keeps people from replying to questions is not really conducive to a good helpful healthy forum discussion.

Is there a way you can fix this???
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

You know, I had the same thought, so I went back and looked at subjects with a lot of replies. People are just leaving it blank! It feels weird to leave the subject blank coming from the old format, but here it doesn't really matter because you're staying in the same subject when you reply.....
In a way, it's kind of a good thing because it gives you the chance to think "I'm on still on the same subject, or am I getting off-topic and maybe should be considering starting a new subject?" Does that make sense?
-Ruth
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

I think it make a lot of sense!

I like the new format it just takes a little getting used to. :wink:
St. John Lover

Post by St. John Lover »

Your right--it really doesn't matter if you insert a subject or not because all the replies just follow under the original posting, which I do like. Don't know if there's really any reason to even have a subject line (other than the original one).

[/quote]