Restaurant Closing Dates

Travel discussion for St. John
StJohnRuth

Restaurant Closing Dates

Post by StJohnRuth »

Regarding the list of Restaurant Closing Dates posted on my web site:
If the dates are wrong on the list, that's because some restaurant owners change or refine their dates as they get closer to the actual event.
As the author of the list, I do not claim to be an "expert", merely someone who has bothered to make a few (local) phone calls so that I know who is open and who is closed and can share the information with people who need to know. Originally, this list was prepared for use when customers in my store ask me where to go for meals. It also helps me know where I can go for meals. It was suggested to me by a customer that this information would be useful to know ahead of time and would help people who are trying to plan their vacations. Hence the annual internet posting.
Most of the people at the restaurants who I call for this information realize what I am trying to do and appreciate it. Most of the people who use this list realize what I'm trying to do and appreciate it.
I apologize if a date is wrong for one of the restaurants. A poster on another (not nearly as nice) forum has chosen to announce that one of the dates was wrong but not to share the secret of which date was wrong or at which restaurant! A real team player, that guy. ( I probably wasn't very nice over there, but I had a very shaky day.)
So I have called (or will call) all the restaurants to confirm as many dates as I can without making a pest of myself.
If you are at the day by day planning stage of your trip for September or October or are planning an important event like a wedding reception(!) please check the updated list and/or call the restaurant to confirm. The dates will probably change some more.
-Ruth on St. John
NoWorriesMom

Post by NoWorriesMom »

Ruth, thank you for your efforts! Unlike that one pain-in-the-behind guy, I (and I'm sure many others) appreciate THE LIST :D
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Ruth,
I, for one, really appreciate your list and absolutely understand it can't be perfect. It's still great information. Thanks for taking the time to do it for those of us who like to come in the low season -- and who like to dream ahead! See you very soon :D
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Ruth,
I, for one, really appreciate your list and absolutely understand it can't be perfect. It's still great information. Thanks for taking the time to do it for those of us who like to come in the low season -- and who like to dream ahead! See you very soon :D
wontongirl

restaurant list

Post by wontongirl »

Thanks for all your efforts! They are appreciated here in Arkansas and have been very helpful in past trips. We will be there Nov. 11 this time so I believe everything is open. I stop by SJS every trip for gifts, sauces, and jumbie coffee and yall are both busy as two bees every time. Thanks for taking the time to help us out and the waves and sign you have at the webcam. ( you are on bongo's blog) we're staying there in November!!!!

We got the screen saver slide show last time (I surprised my husband with it the morning after our last trip- we love it. He is a gynecologist and has it in his office at work. He meets with his new patients in his office before he sees them and they all comment on how beautiful the pics are and how relaxed it made them- bet you never knew! A drup rep came in last week and wanted to go back to tahe office to look at it because he is going to STJ next month and someone told him he had a great slide show on his computer.
Don't work to hard in paradise1
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Ruth, I will add to the thanks for doing this cry. Although I'm sure you weren't looking for that. I have printed the list and I am taking it with me in October but I still plan to call some places that I would like to go JUST to make sure they are closed. I'd hate to be there wishing I could go to a particular place but looking at the list and not making the effort to pick up the phone to double check. That would hardly be your fault now, would it?

A lot of places we wanted to try will be closed it seems, which we knew would possibly be the case. And we're fine with that. We surely won't starve and we will just have to plan a return trip at another time!

Thanks again.
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

Ruth, no worries. I know that you make that list after checking with the restaurants. If they choose to change their minds and not call you then they shoot themselves in the foot. T'ain't your fault.

By the by....that "guy" on the "other forum"....he's funny.....in the head.
Jan N.

Other forum?

Post by Jan N. »

What is the other forum you're talking about? Just curious. Thanks.
Jan N.
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

It's a forum on Trip Advisor. Here's the link. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1 ... lands.html
Paula