So Good Again- Real Time Trip Report 2009

Travel discussion for St. John
bevm

Post by bevm »

The Island Gods are with you for sure! Now you can really relax and enjoy! All is right with the world... :)
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

Hallelujah! St. Anthony really is the man! So glad you didn't have to wait long for him to do his stuff.

Relax and enjoy! You certainly deserve it (from another 40-something Virgo with control issues who can totally empathize)!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Woooo Hooooo - I'm totally enjoying your "mishaps" this is the most fun I've had reading a tr in a long time - I keep checking in to see what has happened now :)

Seriously though, I am so glad things are working out and wish nothing but the best of vacation for you - with a few harmless surprizes thrown in along the way to keep me entertained - oh OK, maybe not - unless you want to of course, OK no more :wink:

Have fun guy's and welcome

Pia
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

Enjoying your report...on island also...left Boston same time you did...wish I was ambitious enough to write it all out... :wink:
toni

Post by toni »

Great report-and such a positive attitude! :) That's wonderful that you got the contacs even-how very nice of the optical place!
linne

Post by linne »

What a start of a vacation. So glad that the story had a happy ending. Looking forward to read more!

Linne
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Boys! What else can you say?

Can't wait to hear more!
Agent99

Brats

Post by Agent99 »

cindygad

Post by cindygad »

That picture is priceless. I dragged my husband into the den to read all about your travel perils. Enjoy the rest of your vacation. Looking forward to your pictures now that you have your camera.
djmom

Post by djmom »

This so reminds me of my brother when I was growing up. The only words I remember him saying were "I forgot".

How can you forget a guitar?

Hilarious. Glad you have it now. Poor kid, that would be hard to live that one down. We had a few little lost items on our last trip. Thanks to Rachel (taxi-St. Thomas) she retrieved them for us-twice).

Hopefully it is smooth sailing from now on!
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

jmq

Post by jmq »

Wow. The lows just make the highs sweeter. Truely a miracle to get camera gear like that back.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

There is a shoulder season between deep sleep and consciousness. For me often it is my childhood home in northeast Pennsylvania. The storm windows have just been raised and I can hear birds singing. Or it's at home on Cape Ann when we can finally throw the windows open. The gulls make a hell of a racket chasing the lobster boats and it makes me smile before I even wake up.. Or it's here, on St. John in the morning. A Pearly Eyed Thrasher woke me up at 4:15am, with a song sounding very much like our cockatiel, Jumbie.

All three realities blend in shoulder season

Although I did notice a conspicuous absence of rooster morning greetings.. Not pointing fingers...AchoooRuth :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Beautiful photos, Agent 99! And clever writing too. I am always incredibly impressed by anyone who does a "real time" report. We love Gallows Point so keep those beautiful shots coming!
---Jim