Travel discussion for St. John
Linward

Post by Linward »

WONDERFUL pictures!!!!!! SO glad you got your camera back :D
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.
teefal

Post by teefal »

Just read your reports to my wife (we'll be on STJ in month). Photo of the guitar & bag was great. Also the photo in the water really captures the feeling of being surrounded by so much warmth.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Joshie wrote:Welcome to St. John!

You didn't lose any family members along the way, did you?

You might want to do a quick head count right now.

Oh! Thought I saw '99' written in the sandscrit area when I walked by around 5:00pm.

I assume that was you?

-j

PS Smile! Things are going to get better.
I'm cautiously following this tale but had to take a break to note "Joshie don't you dare do this to us when we're there. If you see us, PLEASE say hi!"
Ok back to the story.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Agent, this is a FANTASTIC trip report! I'm so glad that I came in late and didn't have to worry about your camera and guitar!
Please keep the photos coming. We'll be on island in just a couple of weeks and can't wait!
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Morning folks!

Yes Joshie! that was our message for the spice cam.

Now that I've got myself squared away let's back up for just a sec and introduce you to some faces and places we've encountered so far. This is the ill mannered pair of boots waiting to happen that stormed 86's rum punch and scared a few years off of his life in the process. The other pool goers were duly entertained.

The Frenchman's Reef is very pretty with great views back to town.

And here is our Spice cam greeting. I'm grateful that my backside was not captured for "posterity" while composing the masterpiece!

Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Our Gallows unit is great with a new kitchen, bathroom and some beautiful Erickson paintings. I promised to post some photos of the unit. Not all of them have been updated. When booking, just ask. We love it here from soup to nuts.

Sunday was our official first day and as is our ritual we packed up the car (Jeep Liberty from Conrad Sutton) and blissed at Gibney for a few hours. That's pretty much our version of Nirvana. The only way to make that more perfect is to go have lunch at Shipwreck Landing. Gazpachos all around, deviled crab and blackened shrimp all as delicious as we remember. 86 ordered the special Ono dish that we all coveted and each got a bite. We almost ordered a second one.

I'm so glad that the lovely Shipwreck Pat was in the kitchen so I stuck my head in to say a quick hello. If you are reading this Pat, thank you!!! Your beautiful place is part of our ideal day on St. John.

Later, some good friends from home who are vacationing here this week as well dropped by for a drink. We planned to rent a boat and noodle around on Monday, weather permititng.
Last edited by Agent99 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lprof

Post by lprof »

:D so glad all is now in place and all are happy...that is a great looking unit
Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for sharing the moments...love the frequent updates.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Joshie, I blew it.

After lunch at Foxy's I asked the waitress if I could sign the chart and buy Joshie a drink. DOH! Not being a frequent Jost traveler I mixed up Foxy's and Soggy Dollar. My heart was in the right place and if you decide to reveal your sepia self to us this week I would love to buy you a drink. :cry:

How is this color even possible?

Hey big fella, have you seen Joshie?

Is it my imagination or is Waterlemon not as lush underwater as in the past? It's been a couple of years since we've been there. It's still beautiful of course but not as full of life.

liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I am loving your report! So happy that you got all of your stuff back.

I agree with your assesment of Waterlemon--lots less fish around the back of the cay. The coral still looks good though.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
adsjayhawk

Post by adsjayhawk »

What a great report! :) The live reports on-island are the best. What an adventure so far, as someone said earlier, one you will tell your grandchildren about for years.

Great pics, I had never seen any of Gallows before. It looks like you got the Coco Lopez so, all is well.

Can't wait to read more!!!
jmq

Post by jmq »

Which Gallows unit are you in? Thanks
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Well this is certainly entertaining that's for sure! I was all clenched up (like in the dentists chair) waiting to see if you recovered your stuff.

My boys are not good at keeping track of stuff either. Cells, Ipods, cameras are always MIA around here.

Gallows has intrigued me for a while now. Might have to give that some thought.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Ok, I finally caught up on your report and had my own OMG moments when your stuff was still missing! Those are exactly the kind of things that keeps me awake the night before a trip! I'm so glad it all came back to you - St. Anthony has a special place in his heart for you!

This is a fun report and I'm loving all the pictures!

Rock on!! 8)
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Great photos, Agent99 - so glad you got your camera back, and his guitar.

Though the beginning was rather shocking, this really seems to be turning into a wonderful vacation. Good for you. Have a lot of fun!
LMG

Post by LMG »

Your report makes it just a little easier to sit at my desk today!

Can't wait to hear more!