T-minus 3

Travel discussion for St. John
VaDavid

T-minus 3

Post by VaDavid »

We will be flying into St Thomas on Saturday around noon. What is the weather usually like this time of the year, since this is my first time at this period of the year. Thanks.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Hi VaDavid,

I've not been to the USVI in August, but I've been in late July (close enough!). It's hot and humid, but not unbearably so, especially if you are from Virginia! We like to get out of the sun between 12-3 PM or so to minimize the possibility of getting sunburned and to avoid the hottest sun. Make sure you have good sunscreen and bug spray.

Have a great trip, and please post a report when you are back!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
tarheelgirl

T-minus 3

Post by tarheelgirl »

We were there for the Tropical Storm Chris tease. Tis the season- otherwise the usual humid and hot..makes the water even more inviting!
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

What airline? We get in at 1:something on Delta from ATL on Saturday.
VaDavid

United around 12:30

Post by VaDavid »

pipanale wrote:What airline? We get in at 1:something on Delta from ATL on Saturday.
United around 12:30 and we go to the Westin counter to wait for their shuttle.
mcdomzal

Hey Tarheelgirl

Post by mcdomzal »

Hey, Tarheelgirl, we were there during TS Chris, too. Where did you stay? Did u lose your electricity? We lost ours for 15 hours. Kind of a drag. Sure rained a lot that week, but a rainy week in STJ is better than a sunny one in Chicago!
MCDomzal
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Jorge - have I told you how much I love your avatar? :lol:
tarheelgirl

t minus 3

Post by tarheelgirl »

Hey mcdomzal-we were staying in the south shore road area, right at that sharp left that takes you to gift hill road (lots of squealing tires!). We didn't lose power at all...but we were ready. Had the flashlights and the rum punches ready to go!
VaDavid

T-3

Post by VaDavid »

Hi Jorge,

We are staying in the condos at the Westin and they have internet service there for the guests. I will put up some trip reports but I know they will not come close to your trip, the people that are going with us are pretty calm.

I believe that my parking spot is 5-27, that is what I have been told, I have not gotten my tickets yet since I made a last minute change. Not to rush my vacation but I cannot wait for the games to begin and the partying to start, see you at the tailgate.