Drumbikers Trip Report "Wedding Day"

Travel discussion for St. John
Drumbiker

Drumbikers Trip Report "Wedding Day"

Post by Drumbiker »

Wednesday 5/27 Wedding day!

Got up early (really didn�t sleep much anyway) and dressed in our �Beach Wedding� clothes. Julie had picked some flowers the day before from near the pool. A little trimming and a ribbon wrap later, and a professional couldn�t have made a better bouquet. We used the video camera to record everything from our steps out the door, to the roller coaster drive to Hawksnest Beach. We tried to reach our new friends from NYC, but cell service was spotty at best and we couldn�t make contact. But, everything fell into place. As we pulled into the parking spot at Hawksnest, Ann Marie was walking up to meet us � right in view of the camera, as if the director had made the scene. We walked down the path to the beach together and Ann Marie was the friendliest, perfect person to preside over our wedding. She seemed to personify the serenity and beauty of the place, really capturing the �island feel� of St. John and conveying that throughout the ceremony. There was one couple on the entire beach with their young children. They were excited to be on the beach at the same time as our wedding, but got even more excited when we asked if they would like to serve as witnesses and run the video camera for us! The wife called her husband in from snorkeling and he was more than happy to run our video camera for us. He did a fantastic job too, panning and zooming at all the right times. Twenty minutes and a beautiful service later we were married and taking more photos and video with Ann Marie. We could not have asked for a better location, weather, service, video � or partner � for our perfect wedding ceremony. Mr. and Mrs. Morley will never forget the memories created on St. John and Hawksnest beach!

For more pics, click the thubnail!

When we got back to the Jeep we had several congratulatory messages � and found that our new friends from NYC were waiting for us at the Beach Bar! The wedding reception started and our first beers of the day were with Herbie and Suzanne from NYC at 9:45 AM. They were waiting around for the 1:15 ferry, so we took them back tour villa for a relaxing swim in the pool and a few more beers. We dropped them at the dock, said our goodbyes and went to Joes BBQ for lunch. For a location that would pass as a shack next to the ferry dock � the place is excellent and I would highly recommend it! We proceeded on to a return to Hawksnest � the new snorkeling masks were just as bad as the first! Decided to not risk any further damage to the shnoz and just spent the afternoon sunning. We headed back to the villa in late afternoon to shower, hop back into the wedding attire and head to ZoZo�s at Gallows Point for our wedding dinner.
We ate at �the rail� watching the sunset in some of the best weather since our arrival.

The Calamari appetizer was up there with the best we have ever tasted. My Rib-Eye was without a doubt the best steak I have ever eaten, and Julie�s veal was phenomenal as well. All in all, the most I have ever spent on a meal was well worth it in the end.

Counting down the minutes.....
Iluvstjohn

Post by Iluvstjohn »

what a beautiful day....I am jealous..I hope to renew my vows someday there...or celebrate a grand anniversary too! We are 9 years into this.......hoping for a st john anniversary or a re-newel in my lifetime!

great pics......enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Beautiful, really, really beautiful - congratulations :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
bevm

Post by bevm »

I teared up a little bit..I'm such a sucker for weddings... I'm so happy that everything we all told you STJ would be, was for both of you..Congratulations again!! :D
brenda

Post by brenda »

Beautiful pictures. Congrats on your wedding in paradise!
Going "home" again October 26th!
Cid

Post by Cid »

Congrats on your wedding! We were lucky enough to be a witness for another couple while we were on our honeymoon. Ann Marie did their ceremony as well. I thought she was very pleasant and truly loved her job...who wouldn't?
Still waiting to return to St. John!
http://facebook.com/cidsinclair
[/url]
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

Aw, that was so sweet. So glad everything went so perfectly! Congratulations!! Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Beautiful couple on a beautiful day!

Congratulations!
janet
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

Thanks for indulging us with all the romantic stuff. I love it! You two look so happy.

Lovermont
lprof

Post by lprof »

What a lovely wedding story...

May your joys be as bright as the morning,
your years of happiness
as numerous as the stars in the heavens,
and your troubles but shadows
that fade in the sunlight of love.
-- An Old English Blessing

Best wishes to you!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
loria

Post by loria »

sounds like the most perfect of days--we had a renewal ceremony with anne marie last december--she is just the best--I hope you have a lifetime of wonderful memories together-
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
stjdeb

Post by stjdeb »

What a beautiful wedding! Congratulations and best wishes! The pictures are wonderful and both of you look very happy.
Deb
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Congratulations! Glad everything went well. It sure looked lika a beautiful day. Best wishes!
suzanna945

Post by suzanna945 »

Congratulations! :D :D :D
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

What a perfect wedding day! Congratulations to you both.
Paula