Gallows Pt - Which Unit?

Travel discussion for St. John
EllieD

Gallows Pt - Which Unit?

Post by EllieD »

Hi,
We're looking at Gallows Pt for a visit later this fall. Understand some of the units are in better condition than others, but you can request a specific condo when making your reservation. Can anyone recommend an upper unit, either harbor or ocean side, which is in pretty good condition?
ScottB

Gallows

Post by ScottB »

You can either rent directly thru Gallows, or by a company called Suite St John. If you rent with Gallows, you can request a unit, but there's no guarantee you'll get it.

We found out that Suite St John will absolutely guarantee the unit you want, so that's who we did business with. We'll be there in Nov/Dec.

They both offer different units due to individual ownership. Being that we wanted a specific unit, the choice was easy on who to book with.
Jan N.

Post by Jan N. »

We were at Gallows Point in 2002, so I have no idea what condition the unit is in now, but at the time is was just beautiful. It was Unit 2D - an upper, ocean view. It was so nice, and Gallows is so classy, I can't imagine that it wouldn't be just lovely. But then again, you never know...that was 4 years ago.

As ScottB said, you can guarantee a specific unit through Suite St. John, so that is what we did.

You might want to read my trip report, even though it is old. Regarding the entry to their "beach," I'm pretty sure they have built a deck/pier type thing for easier water entry so you don't have to deal with the rocks and sea urchins. That would definitely make snorkeling there much easier, and the snorkeling there is definitely worth it.

(Also, regarding restaurants, ZoZo's is now the restaurant at Gallows, and Ellington's is gone.)

http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/cgi-bi ... _2002+7532
Jan N.
bill

gallows which unit

Post by bill »

we were just at gallows this July. our second time staying there. absolutely love it. this year we stayed in unit 12-d. upper harbor view. View is wonderful. i thought the living room furniture was old and showed wear and tear. unit itself is in good shape, bathrooms and bedroom furniture are fine. the bedroom furniture looked new. kitchen had everything you would need. maid service was great, spotless. hope that helps any questions, let me know.
jmq

Post by jmq »

The was view from 1A in April.

That is unit 3 in the right side of the photo - sticks out on a bit of a point on ocean side, and would no doubt have such killer views from upper or lower units that I wouldnt care much about furniture or paint. They say that quad is most requested for weddings.

Unit 1A is lower ocean side all the way on the end. Nice unit, decent furniture and bed linens, comfy bed, good views, AND very very nice to sleep to sound of waves lapping at the shoreline below.
JMQ
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide