Has anyone stayed at Mayan Sky villa?

Travel discussion for St. John
susan & herb

Has anyone stayed at Mayan Sky villa?

Post by susan & herb »

It looks really beautiful with fantastic views. Would like some feedback if possible.
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

We stayed there in 2005. It's a nice villa, a few drawbacks. Someone asked about it about a month ago and I wrote quite a bit in reply. If you search through the archives, you should find it. Let me know. Otherwise, I'll post more later.
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

Hi,
Can't seem to find your post on Mayan Sky. Do you remember the date?
thanx
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

I found my post. It was only from a month ago....I could have sworn it was the beginning of the summer.

Here you go:
We stayed there the winter before last (2005).
The house was private but not remote. We especially loved the deck that surrounded the living area. They had comfortable chairs for reading and it was very peaceful with the view to Coral Bay and beyond. The kitchen was new and well-stocked. The furniture was very attractive and comfortable. The 3 bedrooms were also attractive, each with a great bath... The plunge pool was very nice, with good deck chairs. Everything was in good shape. Viva was good to work with.

The view isn't "killer." I have stayed at a few places that have a 180 degree view and they've spoiled me. But the view is very nice. What you see on the website is very accurate.

The only thing I really didn't like about this villa was what also made it nice: the giant, arched wooden doors. When you open them during the day, it really brings the outside in. Wonderful! At night, however, there are no screens and you are forced to shut them and feel "all locked in" or else deal with mosquitos. (Sometimes we would leave a door open, dim the lights, and light a mosquito coil. That staved them off for a bit).

The other thing I really didn't like was that the master bedroom had a large window that offered a great view (at 2 in the morning in winter, there is a great view of the Southern Cross low on the horizon), but did not open. I like breezes at night and there were none to be had. We were forced to turn on the AC. I realize some people really like AC so hopefully you are one.

Those are my only 2 complaints. We really liked this house otherwise, especially during the day, as I said. If the doors had screens, I would stay there again. Feel free to email w/ questions.
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

Thanks for taking the time to look for your trip report. I appreciate it.
susan