where is everybody

Travel discussion for St. John
wontongirl

where is everybody

Post by wontongirl »

I'm wondering if something is wrong with my forum. I haven't been seeing many new posts- where is everyone?
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

I'm here. was wondering the same thing today.
Jan N.

Post by Jan N. »

I was wondering the same thing right this very second. Some posts have been viewed hundreds of times but only have a few replies. Do you think all those people are just reading and not registering?

That will be too bad.
Jan N.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I was also thinking the same thing! Usually the forum goes dead for me about 2:00 here in California when everyone on the East Coast goes home from work anyway, but today has been unusually borrrrr-ingggg! :roll:

Thank goodness that nothintolose posted her trip report this past weekend!!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I am with you guys. I actually had time to post from work today and it was dead.

I need a trip report!
bill

where is everybody

Post by bill »

i was wondering the same thing too. doesn't seem the same as the old forum. trip reports, villa questions, all that kind of stuff. i miss it.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Busy, busy, busy...one of those errand days and then things to do at home. Also I've been looking for an underwater camera case. But they sure are expensive. After buying 4 pair of fins last week, and two pair of prescription masks, and 5 new tires, alignment and oil change for sons car, I think we'll have to sit back and think about spending $165 for a waterproof case. :)
Coden
Robin in NC

Doesn't anyone go to STJ in August?

Post by Robin in NC »

A couple of months ago, this place was hopping. Must be really slow on island at this time of year. Okay, I know how to get things going again.

Nekkid.

There. Everyone discuss.
Xislandgirl

Re: Doesn't anyone go to STJ in August?

Post by Xislandgirl »

Robin in NC wrote:A couple of months ago, this place was hopping. Must be really slow on island at this time of year. Okay, I know how to get things going again.

Nekkid.

There. Everyone discuss.

:lol:
suzi

Post by suzi »

I was thinking the same thing"where is everybody" but then I realized that somehow I had gotten VI Now forum mixed up with this new one! I didn't recognize any names! But now I'm back!!!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

I'll definitely be watching - tell us the date and the time! I'll also be thoroughly jealous.....!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

This is always the slowest time of the year - end of summer, vacations, back to school, etc. I was actually thinking this place was very hopping. We are closing in on 400 registered users in a couple of weeks, so it isn't the lack of people. And the lurkers who just read (met several on St. John last week - you know who you are!) never post anyway :)
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

I mean this as no offense to Anthony's hard work, but I personally think the new forum makes it harder to jump into a topic. In the old forum, you could view the entire thread and add your two cents in the middle of a thread. Or, if you saw a post by someone like, oh, say, Bandit, you could just reply to that for the sport of it. Now, you have to be interested enough in the original topic to open it and go through all of the posts.

I think it is having a bit of a chilling effect. That said, I don't know what else Anthony could have done. Perhaps the old thread formatt could be combined with a log-on feature. I dunno.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

Pete put it perfectly.

There's something cumbersome about the process now. The same thing happened when the AOL travel boards changed their format.