The New Man Behind Tage

Travel discussion for St. John
Anthony
Site Admin

The New Man Behind Tage

Post by Anthony »

Nice article about Carl Foster, the new owner of Tage, in the <a href="http://www.stjohntradewindsnews.com/ind ... dewinds</a>. I just ran into Carl at Starfish Market last week. He is very enthusiastic about his new venture.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Very cool. I like the small plates concept. We'll definitely be eating there next trip.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I read that article yesterday and I am looking forward to eating there next year.
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

We've never eaten at Tage, but it's on our short list for the next trip.

The new owner sounds really cool, and I like his idea of small plates. It's fun to go out to eat and try different things, like ordering several different appetizers. Sometimes the food all looks so good on the menu and you have to pick just one thing, either that or make a pig of yourself!! Then the next day ya sink while trying to snorkel! :shock:

Thanks for posting the article Anthony!

Jan (aka Charlie)
StJohnRuth

Carl at Tage

Post by StJohnRuth »

Last week (I think it was last week...) when I had to call all the restaurants and verify the closing dates, I did it during dinner hour, which I REALLY hate to do. Phoebe answered the phone and repeated why I was calling to someone in the backround and she said "The new owner wants to speak to you, hold on." I have been in the restaurant business and I was sure he was going to get on the phone and BLAST me for calling during dinner!
When Carl got on the line and we spoke he was extremely gracious and just seemed really down-to-eart and as nice as can be. He wasn't actually sure what the closing plans were, but he was nice about it.I hope he does well and I sure hope I get to go Tage soon!
-Ruth
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

well I am calling there for sure while i am in town and I hope they are open! geez... if they can give me a different wine "flight" every night it might be the only place I go ;)