special storytime this afternoon

Travel discussion for St. John
wontongirl

special storytime this afternoon

Post by wontongirl »

Just wanted to share this-

My husband and I went to STJ Feb.2005 to celebrate my 40th. We had a wonderful time and I spent the day with Survivin' out on the water on my actual birthday. That was Feb. 12. On valentines day we got up and went in to Grotto Deli to pick up some picnic stuff before heading off to Gibney beach. We thought that would be a great place to spend the day. My husband had also packed some bubbly for our day. Around 4:30 he wants to go over to Trunk. I had no idea why. We get over there and they are having an annual vows renewal that is free every year on the beach for valentines. Bill from bookitvi and his wife wanted to do this for themselves several years ago and have their friend Ann-Marie to do the ceremony- then it just grew from there. There were alot of people that gathered for this, many that scheduled there trip around the ceremony. They gave me a long stem flower and certificate. It was absolutlely gorgeous. We hung out and visited with several of the couples and enjoyed our champagne. This was the year of our 15th wedding anniversay also. We had lost 2 couple friends of ours that year to divorce so we definitely felt we had much to celebrate for 15 LONG years(just kidding honey) We were on their web page
www.vivows.com that year. It was so neat and special that he got me there. I had no idea they even did this. What a neat surprise for your sweetie! He also had my original wedding ring redone and when she had us replace our rings on, he put it on my left hand.(He had gotten me a new ring on the 10th anniv.) and I never did anything with the old stone.

If any of you love birds are ever there in Feb. Check this out. I think there may be a link from bookitvi.com. There was a couple there in their 80's that were so cute. She had a parasol and her original wedding dress on. We met many people that we still keep in touch with that evening.
Ann Marie does a fabulous job. We have a long panoramic view of trunk bay that we took on our first trip several years ago. It is on my fridge. When anyone asks, "Where is that?" I repond by saying- Well, Right there is where we were remarried. What a beautiful place. Hope you enjoyed!
FlaSteph

Post by FlaSteph »

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing your sweet story...I'll have to see if DH and I can make it there some Feb 14th!! Can't think of a better place for renewal of vows!! :arrow: :lol:
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

That's really cool! Thanks for sharing your sweet story.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
wontongirl

renewal

Post by wontongirl »

People wore bathing suits, shorts or cocktail dresses. Most were straight form the beach.