At least I'm not the only one!

Travel discussion for St. John
ScubaGirl

At least I'm not the only one!

Post by ScubaGirl »

I was having a conversation with a few members of my family, none of whom have ever been to the Islands, and someone pointed out how strange it was that a big part of my life is living from one trip to the Islands to the next.
My only comment was that, it isn't that strange, and I know a lot of people who do the same thing!

Thank Godness for all of you! :D
bill

not the only one

Post by bill »

Its an OBSESSION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

You are so not alone ;) My husband thinks I am a bit nuts, but I truly do not feel right unless I have a countdown going for the next trip.

FF miles and planning way in advance make it less of a financial blow & you only live once!

Surely these non-STJ addicts have something that keeps them going through the daily grind!
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

Between pictures on my screen saver and this forum....it's the only thing that keeps me going. This year I'm lucky and get to go twice. 8)
jofus

Post by jofus »

You are definately NOT alone! I start planning the next trip while I'm there! Looking at villas I'm interested in etc.

jofus
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

My trips are a little different than most of yours. We, hubby and I, bare boat charter out of STT, and sail to St. John (and the BVI's), but we usually spend 4 of the 7 days around St. John.

I love it and can't get enough!

3 months and 2 weeks til we go again :wink:
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Oh, I don't know, it's not an obsession with me....all I have is:

Scheduled For 6/6/2007 07:25 AM
9 months 13 days 15 hours 31 minutes 38 seconds or
40 weekends or
287 days or
6,879 hours (4,586 waking hours) or
412,771 minutes or
24,766,297 seconds

but who's counting....
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

When I'm feeling really island-sick I just pop in my CD of St John's night sounds. Makes me happy every time - until I have to schlep myself through the snow to my car after work.
ScottB

Vacation Addict

Post by ScottB »

Although this fall will be our first trip to St John, we've been to several other islands. Having that small light at the end of the tunnel is just something that gets me through the non-vacation days!! I'll always have the "Need" to have something to look forward to. 95 days to go........... :D
Eric in NJ

Post by Eric in NJ »

My wife and I always talk of traveling to other places, Europe, Canada, Western States. And out side of driving up north to New england and visiting my brother in California we always settle on St. John :D . We broke into the 2 digit range today 99 days to go.
Eric in NJ

You never know where you're going till you get there.