Wave Rebel Neoprene Fin Socks

Travel discussion for St. John
Coden

Wave Rebel Neoprene Fin Socks

Post by Coden »

Woo-hoo!! Our fins came and now we need booties!!

Actually, what I'm looking at getting is the Wave Rebel Neoprene Fin Socks.

Could someone look at them and tell me if this is what we need for me? I've seen them on numerous websites but I don't know how to make a link. Sorry!!

:)
Coden
Coden

Post by Coden »

Bumping in hopes that someone will see this and be able to help me. :) :) :)
Coden
Jan N.

Post by Jan N. »

Just so you know someone is trying, I'll try and look at it sometime today.

What fins did you buy?
Jan N.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thank you so much for trying to help me!!! :)

We bought the TUSA Reef Tourer Snorkeling Fins. They were delivered last night and we love them. Of course we haven't used them yet. We'll take them to our friends pool this weekend and give them a whirl.
Coden
Jan N.

Post by Jan N. »

Okay, here's what I think. The sock you're talking about looks like something you would use if you were scuba diving off of a boat. It doesn't look like something you would walk in. You want something more shoe-like. At least, this is how it seems to me.

I use a pair of DeepSee AquaPurge booties. It has a nice bumpy, shoe-like sole. I bought them at a local dive shop. I don't remember how much they were. Probably about $20? Maybe more. Honestly don't know.

My husband uses a Nike shoe that I think he got at a sports super store. (Sports Authority, SportMart, something like that.)

There are two reasons for wearing surf socks/boots. One is to pad your foot and keep it warm while diving. Another is to have foot protection walking to the water. Snorkeling on STJ puts you in the 2nd category.

At least that's what I think. Hope it helps.
Jan N.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thank you for the help, Jan. My husband tried his water shoes on with his fins last night and he said it was too tight. Maybe it is something he'll need to get used to. I can't find mine so didn't get to test mine...I need to look further! I've just remembered that our son has neoprene calf high socks that he uses when he goes caving. I'll have him bring those over and we'll compare the two.

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate you taking the time. :)
Coden