Dreamcatcher, Calypso, del sol, or Cinnnamon Tarn

Travel discussion for St. John
Mike fron N Ga

Dreamcatcher, Calypso, del sol, or Cinnnamon Tarn

Post by Mike fron N Ga »

We are planning our 5th annual St John trip and are at Villa decision time. These three are available for the time we plan to go. Any suggestions?
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

John and I stayed at Cinnamon Tarn in June. If you go back to the old forum and find my trip report, I put in lots of description and photos of the house. We liked Cinnamon Tarn very much. If you tell me a bit more about what you are looking for (how many people in your party, etc), I'll try and answer your questions.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Mike fron N Ga

Post by Mike fron N Ga »

Thanks, Ther will be 5 of us: my wife and I, our 2 girls who will be 11 and 9, and my wife's best friend.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Hmmm...I don't know if Tarn would be the best choice for 5. There are two equal bedrooms, both with one queen size bed and nice views. The third bedroom is upstairs, and consists of a sleeper sofa type bed. That room does have a huge balcony off of it with great views of Cinnamon Bay and Francis Bay.

But, would your friend (or you and your wife) consent to a sleeper sofa? Will your girls share a bed? Tarn won't work otherwise.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

I've also stayed at Cinn. Tarn. If your girls like to swim you might pick something else as Tarn has no pool. We had a 7-year old with us and he splashed in the oversized hot tub. but for sunning and swimming I'd choose something else.

Also, an adult wouldn't be comfortable in the day bed in the loft and the two girls wouldn't fit.