New Restaurant in Mongoose Junction?

Travel discussion for St. John
iowaguy

New Restaurant in Mongoose Junction?

Post by iowaguy »

I'm beginning to think about restaurants for our Winter trip.I enjoyed reading about the new owner at Tage and will be sure to eat there. I heard a while back that there would be a new restaurant opening in the old "Mongoose Restaurant" space in Mongoose Junction---does anyone know anything about that? Thanks.
---Jim
bert

Post by bert »

It's not open yet, but may be open by the time you come in the winter. Mongoose Junction has a website, if you want to check back, at www.mongoosejunctionstjohn.com.

peace.... bert
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

I think it is going to be called the Ocean Grill - it looks awesome, I saw it last week. I think I may have some video - I will see if I can post some.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
iowaguy

Ocean Grill

Post by iowaguy »

Thanks Anthony. I had read an article in News of St. John last spring that indicated they were doing a lot of work on that space---I'll be anxious to see the results. Nothing noted yet on the Mongoose Junction website.
---Jim
StJohnRuth

Ocean Grill

Post by StJohnRuth »

I've been trying to get down to Mongoose to take some photos. Jim is a former bartender at the Lime Inn and the former owner of Garden By the Sea Bed & Breakfast. I have a feeling this restaurant is going to be HOT.
Here is a link to an article in the St. John Sun Times:

http://homepage.mac.com/stjohnsuntimes/ ... grill.html
mia

Post by mia »

Thanks Ruth...I enjoyed reading the article. It sure sounds like it will be another great dining option on St. John. I only wish they were opened for the first two weeks in Sept. which is when we will be on the island :(
JC

Great Article

Post by JC »

Thanks for the link, Ruth! Great article...can't wait to see the end result!

"I didn't come here...and I ain't leavin'"
wontongirl

mongoose restaurant

Post by wontongirl »

Will this be open when we are there nov 11-18? Sounds wonderful- I will be there just enough days to visit my favorites- I don't want to scrap any of those - What is a girl to do?
StJohnRuth

Re: mongoose restaurant

Post by StJohnRuth »

taminark wrote:Will this be open when we are there nov 11-18? Sounds wonderful- I will be there just enough days to visit my favorites- I don't want to scrap any of those - What is a girl to do?
Eat dinner twice!