What is your dream job on St John...

Travel discussion for St. John
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

A potter with an open air studio overlooking just about any bay on the island. :D :D :D
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Dream Job Posts that bear no reality - rake Gibney? House band? Rum Taster??? ------- REALLY -- we live here work hard - often 2 jobs and sacrifice family time -- not to mention beach and chillaxing time -- get a downright job and try it --- but get real.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Exit Zero wrote:Dream Job Posts that bear no reality - rake Gibney? House band? Rum Taster??? ------- REALLY -- we live here work hard - often 2 jobs and sacrifice family time -- not to mention beach and chillaxing time -- get a downright job and try it --- but get real.
I think you are mising the point of the post. Most of us are in colder climates with mortgages or college tuitions and will not likely every have the opportunity to spend more than 2 weeks a year on island. No one really thinks that Raking Gibney or Tasting Rum is a job, nor does anyone think that people on island don't work hard.

We are just dreaming until we can get back to the island.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Xislandgirl wrote:
Exit Zero wrote:Dream Job Posts that bear no reality - rake Gibney? House band? Rum Taster??? ------- REALLY -- we live here work hard - often 2 jobs and sacrifice family time -- not to mention beach and chillaxing time -- get a downright job and try it --- but get real.
I think you are mising the point of the post. Most of us are in colder climates with mortgages or college tuitions and will not likely every have the opportunity to spend more than 2 weeks a year on island. No one really thinks that Raking Gibney or Tasting Rum is a job, nor does anyone think that people on island don't work hard.

We are just dreaming until we can get back to the island.
Some of us have two mortgages and I know it's expensive to live on the Island and once you have to work, the relaxing doesn't happen as often. Besides, being from Michigan, I love it here from May to Dec...it's just those 4 months From Jan-April...that get old and long. My best bet will be Villa Video producer and writer...Thanks to all for their responses
Cid

Post by Cid »

ExitZero...lighten up! You could be shoveling snow.....it's not nice to rain on other people's day dreams.
Still waiting to return to St. John!
http://facebook.com/cidsinclair
[/url]
patr

Post by patr »

Hubby always talks about opening a shop that sells/ installs brakes and tires.
I assume this already exists?
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

Working with Tradewinds
Working with Body Deli (when it was at Mongoose)
Teaching pilates at Gallows, JESS,Gifft Hill, private homes.

When I get to visit, I still do teach pilates and will again when I am down for carnival..

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

- Professional lottery winner
- Town drunk
- Big Cheeze's pimp

I do have a serious idea with something that I think may work, but keeping it back pocket in case I get the nerve to move and give it a try someday ;).
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Years ago, we were on a STJ house tour and talked to someone whose job was to manage a gorgeous private (not rented) home. I remarked that it sounded like a great line of work and and he said it certainly was! He managed the house - arranged for maintenance, food, drink, basically getting the house perfect for their arrival. I like organizing and orderly planning of my own house and to get paid to do it for someone else sounded appealing.

I bartended in my younger years and really enjoyed it so I think that would be a decent dream job.
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

PA Girl: I would love that job too!

My top three and this is dreaming so no reality enters in!

1. Teaching little kids to snorkel
2. Working at Baked in the Sun or Deli Grotto (CA Girl I love your idea of a cookie shop)
3. Owning a place like Sailview
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

I'm a bartender, so there's that to dream of on STJ.
I'd also love to do paintings of the landscapes there, as well as the people.
Oh yeah, also sell flip-flops on any one of those delicious beaches; buy one, get (the other...)one free.
Smiles-
MJ
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

carron wrote:Personal Assistant on land and sea to Kenny Chesney!!!
Ditto.... :D
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
lbingaman

Post by lbingaman »

Fell in love with St. John in February. Ideal jobs:
1. Nurse
2.Photographer
3. Landscape Design and Private Gardener
4. Or whatever pays the bills baby
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

Float a few cases of beer out to Donkey Bight on Big Lameshur and hoist a banner that says "Beer at the Bight!" I'd even help people out of the water.
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

I want to be the Temporary Ta-Ta Tattoo guy. I'll start my market research next trip cataloging and charting when and where all the drunk (or is it drunken?) women are at...