What is your dream job on St John...

Travel discussion for St. John
Linward

Post by Linward »

The other morning, I was thinking about just this topic, and came up with an :idea: of having a bicycle cooler cart that would visit those people departing St John on either ferry (foot or car). I would offer rum drinks or beer for sale and call the business "One for the Rowed" with a placard that read "I feel your pain/killers for sale". TaDa.
Anyone is welcome to run with this. :lol:
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

All very good ideas... Better to keep my day job and get to STJ a few times a year...

It might get old and stressful to do it full time...NAH. What was I thinking
sharon87

Post by sharon87 »

Pharmacist ! is Chelsea Drug store hiring?
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

1. Own a dive shop
2. Dive Master
3. Marine Biologist
4. So rich that I do not have to work. Just volunteer.
News of St. John

Re: What is your dream job on St John...

Post by News of St. John »

Such a great post I just discovered!

I would like to be Captain John's trusty assistant. I would do things like encourage guests to start drinking at 8:30 a.m. (because you can't drink all day of you don't start now), jump off of the Willy T, etc. I would pretty much be in charge of encouraging debauchery.
Jenn, News of St. John
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Well...speaking of old posts.

To that end and it was #2 on my list, here are 2 Villa Videos we produced for owners to show on their websites. So, now the Biz plan is to come down for 9 days a couple times a year (without kids)and stay at 3 different villas all while shooting content. Sorry but my wife has already accepted the position of assistant and staging expert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnQJc9--WIk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPkMlEEHGJg
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Any Special Ed teacher jobs? Math teacher? I am sooo ready.
Bonny in CA

Post by Bonny in CA »

Of course independently wealthy would be the optimal way to move to St. John.... But that's not happening, so if I ever talk my husband into moving to STJ my plan is to do what I do here... Babysit!! I love little kids, I mostly take preschoolers, it would be so fun to take care of the little kids on the island!
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Bigcheeze wrote:Well...speaking of old posts.

To that end and it was #2 on my list, here are 2 Villa Videos we produced for owners to show on their websites. So, now the Biz plan is to come down for 9 days a couple times a year (without kids)and stay at 3 different villas all while shooting content. Sorry but my wife has already accepted the position of assistant and staging expert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnQJc9--WIk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPkMlEEHGJg
I can be your coffee boy making sure that you and your wife had coffee when filming :lol:
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

1. Flavored rum taste tester
2. Paid snorkel "buddy"
3. Villa sitter
4. All around Bon Vivant!!
Captain John

Post by Captain John »

CTBeachGirl wrote:Such a great post I just discovered!

I would like to be Captain John's trusty assistant. I would do things like encourage guests to start drinking at 8:30 a.m. (because you can't drink all day of you don't start now), jump off of the Willy T, etc. I would pretty much be in charge of encouraging debauchery.
And speaking from personal experience she would do a good job at it. I'm saying employee of the rear material.
Captain John

"I live the life I love and I love the life I live"
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

....wondering if that is one the greatest all-time typos..... :shock: :lol:
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

mindehankins wrote:....wondering if that is one the greatest all-time typos..... :shock: :lol:
I'm hoping for John's sake that is a typo or he is going to get a "list" a mile long from Sue that lasts until dooms day :lol:
News of St. John

Post by News of St. John »

Oh my goodness, I'm dying over here! That would definitely be employee of the Year with a "y"! Lol!!!
Last edited by News of St. John on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenn, News of St. John
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Villa Management and Hair Stylist..Oh wait I do that :) I work 40 hours a week at my job. Unfortunately, I don't have Saturdays and Sundays off to be with my 8 year old. I come home and do a couple of haircuts/colors and then I get to relax for five minutes before I go to bed. It is a lot of work but on my days off I get to sit on the most amazing beaches in the world, I never complain that I'm cold anymore (well I have to complain about the water being cold right now). As far as expense, it is expensive to live here but I don't waste money like I did back in the states at Target, Starbucks, The Mall, my family doesn't need new clothes every season, I'm not spending $$$$ on vacations to get away from the cold.
PS. Villa Management is a good job, but it is also a big headache. I don't own the business so I don't have to run to a villa in the middle of night to let someone in because they lost their keys or other random issues but it happens...a lot.

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group