STJ here we come! Who else on island 11/26 - 12/3?

Travel discussion for St. John
Jan&MikeVa

STJ here we come! Who else on island 11/26 - 12/3?

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Okay, it's a done deal............we're all booked at One Particular Harbor for a week :lol: :lol: :lol:

We'd love to get together with any forumites that will be on island that week. Our thoughts would be to meet at Skinny's for a burger, beer, and drink a toast to our past bud Howie, and of course ring the bell! BillinVa and his wife Sandie will be on Island same time so we'll try to come up with a date and time. This December will mark 2 years that the bell was hung at Skinny's and we were all there. Will be bittersweet, Howie is still missed on this forum.

Excited, did I mention we're excited?? :P :P :P Our fourth trip to STJ and I feel like it's our first!

Jan (aka Charlie)
FlaSteph

Post by FlaSteph »

Good for you!! Our third trip will be next May, so I know your excitement!! :lol: We rang the bell for Howie last May, Flip-Flop, Hubby and I...although we never met him it was still special for us as we know how much he meant to so many people on the forum...
Virginia-Gal

Post by Virginia-Gal »

I am new to this forum so I have to ask...........who is Howie?
Always dreaming about my next Caribbean vacation!
Virginia-Gal

Post by Virginia-Gal »

I'm so envious Jan. I won't say I hope you have great time, I KNOW YOU WILL have great time!!!!

What airport are you flying out of?
FlaGeorge

Who was Howie

Post by FlaGeorge »

Howie was a very kind and sensitive man that never had a harsh word for anyone. He was a regular on this forum and had that special humor that would put a smile on your face – even on your worst days. We spent our honeymoon on STT and I kept all the responses from my trip report. I sometime go back and read them – and Howie’s always seem to stick out. He was a special man that loved family and STJ.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Hey Va-Girl

Regarding HOWIE...............he was a regular on this board, for several years, and he died suddenly almost 2 years ago. Check out the "old" forum archives for October 17, 2004. That was right after he died, up to that point you will find a lot of postings from him.

After his death the folks on this forum did a really nice tribute and a plaque w/bell was hung at Skinny's in December 04. Check out the forum around that time as well.

As far as which airport we're heading out of? Well this time it's Reagan in D.C. Airfare for 273/RT versus 640 to 650 out of Norfolk or Richmond. Now we have to do the overnight up in D.C. deal and probably when we get back as well. Still cheaper than flying out of Norfolk, But they'll drop the fares now that I've made my reservation :twisted:

Check out some of Howie's posts, you'll like him instantly! He WAS that kind of guy. :P

Jan (aka Charlie)
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

FlaGeorge,

You describe HOWIE to a "T" !!!!

Jan (aka Charlie)
Virginia-Gal

Post by Virginia-Gal »

Howie sounds like somebody you'd like to have as a close friend. Sorry I never got to know him.
ScottB

We will....

Post by ScottB »

My wife & I will be there 11/29 to 12/7.

Already have plans to meet up with Bill/VA & wife.... :D