Restaurant Advice...

Travel discussion for St. John
laura

Restaurant Advice...

Post by laura »

Hello all,

We are trying to pick a restaurant to dine at after our wedding in June. We will be dining around 5:30 ish, which I think should be prime sunset viewing time. So far there will be 8 of us. My parents will be attending and they tend to like restaurants without loud music (they are 68 and 73, and can't hear so well over loud music). Any opinions on the following restaurants? We would like a place with a view, great food and ambiance.

Asolare
The Balcony
Zozo's

Any advice is appreciated, many thanks in advance! Laura
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Zozo's with a great view. Since you're going early, I see no reason you shouldn't be able to get a table for eight overlooking a nice sunset.

and get the calamari appetizer
L & S in da UP

Pastory Gardens

Post by L & S in da UP »

We can recommend Pastory Gardens. Enjoyed dinner there in late June following our sunset beach wedding. Food, service and view were outstanding.
L & S
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I think that any of your 3 choices are perfect for a wedding dinner. I would pick Zozo's or Asolare, just on atmosphere for wedding dinner, Stone Terrace food is great but you don't get as great a sunset view as the other 2.
You can not go wrong with any of them.
snorkelgirl

Post by snorkelgirl »

Love Zozo's. You can check them out at www.zozos.net
Great food, service and ambiance. Plus, you can go upstairs for a cocktail before or after dinner....or both!
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

My vote would go to the Balcony. We ate our wedding dinner there after our ceremony on Gibney Beach. it was just after sunset, and we had lobster that was to die for. Grilled to perfection. The vews were magnificent, and they do not have loud music. In fact we were hoping for some jazz coming from the Beach Bar, but it didn'r happen that night.

Where ever you decide to go, YOU are the ones who will make it memorable, more so than the place. Congratulations!! :D
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Of the three you picked, I think Asolare has the best view, and Zozo's has the best food. You can see the water from Zozo's but you are behind some of the Gallows units. Their food is excellent, though! (our last meal at Asolare was excellent too..hmm) I'm sure you will have a great dinner where ever you choose. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

All three are good choices. I would vote for ZoZo's. Food and view are both great, and its lively without being too loud. Asolare has a great view and setting, but I'm not as crazy about the food or service (but this may have changed more recently--think I'll give it another chance next trip). I've heard good things about the Balcony---this is a slightly more congested area and could be louder than other choices depending upon whats going on in town or at Beach Bar.
---Jim
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

We always have our "last supper" at Asolare. Although others have experienced hit or miss; the food, view and service have always been a hit for us.

I expect we'll be back this November.

I'll also mentioned that we've not been to Zozo's (on the to-do list for this trip) nor the Balcony (new since our last trip).

enjoy,
janet
laura

Thank you!

Post by laura »

Thanks so much for all the great advice, you guys rock!

All of them seem like good bets, I may just have to print out the menus and have the fiance choose from all of them...after all he has to do something for this whole thing, right?? :wink:
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Tha Balcony has music on Tuesday nights. "Paradise People", I hear they're really fun. People love it, but I know it's not what you want, just in case your day is a Tuesday.
Also, do make a reservation once you decide on a place. Sunset may be early, but it's Prime Time for sunset diners at those places.
-Rurh
laura

Post by laura »

Hi Ruth, our wedding is going to be on a wednesday, so Tuesday night at the Balcony would be a great way to get the celebration started, Thanks for the tip!!
FlaSteph

Post by FlaSteph »

Congratulations Laura on your upcoming wedding! I am sure whichever place you decide on will remain special in your hearts :wink:

I am excited about checking out Zozo's and the Balcony when we go next May...we are anxious to check out a few places that will be new to us!