Bootie question....

Travel discussion for St. John
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Coden, I wear a 9 1/2 or a 10, but I have a really wide foot so I tend to order a large size that fits a 10 - 11.

If you have enough time, you can order what you think is right, and if it's not, they will gladly except a return and send you another size. If you have enough time before you leave for the Islands that is.
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Coden

Post by Coden »

Caribert - I ordered 4 of the Reef Tourers...1 Med and 3 Large. The only one that may be iffy is the Large for my son as he wears a 12 1/2 to a 13. I did read that they would exchange with no problem. But I'm hoping that his pair will be okay. We'll know just as soon as they are delivered. Ha!

Oh, I got free shipping because my order was over $75!! Thanks for the heads-up on the site.
Coden
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

You are quite welcome Coden. WOW a size 13?? Big boy, huh? Well, you know what they say about a guy with big feet........

he wears big shoes.

-LOL Bert :lol:
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Coden

Post by Coden »

Caribert - 6' 3" and growing.

Thanks for your help!!
Coden
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

We are going back to the booties next trip--I don't care how nerdy they make us look. I've only used them diving in New England prior. One tip, you can fit the heel strap fins around the booties so easily with the addition of a triangular plastic gripper you slide on to the heel strap. The gripper lets you pull out the heel strap so you can slide your foot right into the fin, without struggling.

With the simple pull on fins, even though they are the right size, John and I both end up with blisters at some point in our vacation--just abrasion blisters on the heel or toe from overuse--the booties mimic the kinds of shoes we are used to wearing, and provide some protection from the rocks also!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Liamsaunt - when we get our fins here in a few days I am going to try my watershoes on w/ them. If they don't fit then I found a site that sells booties for 9.99. I think that was the price, if I remember correctly that is. I've looked at so many things here of late that I don't remember right off. Ha!!

The ones I saw that I liked were shortie-booties. Like anklet length.
Coden
bert

Booties

Post by bert »

I go to the beach almost every day. I always have mask, fins, snorkel and booties with me. There are some beaches for which booties are absolutely necessary to get in the water (over the rocks and sea urchins) and some that not (pure sand). I use open-heeled dive fins so booties are always a must with the fins, and fins are always a must for locomotion. Rinse those booties out with fresh water & stand them in the sun to dry after each use - they will last a lot longer.

Just a helpful hint - it's much easier to put booties and fins on once you're IN the water. We see lots of folks doing the "flipper shuffle" from the beach. It's humorous, but unnecessary.

peace.... bert
Coden

Post by Coden »

Bert - Ha! That made me laugh. I'll try to remember not to do the flipper shuffle!! Thanks for the heads-up because I would have been doing it too!! :D
Coden
FlaGeorge

We're going to ST. George Too

Post by FlaGeorge »

We'll be heading to St. George Island in FL the first part of Sept for a long weekend. Don't let this Florida secret out.

FlaGeorge
Coden

Post by Coden »

FlaGeorge - I took the Island and FL part out...let em wonder where it is. I agree...it is too great of a place to share. :lol:
Coden