So I am looking at maps

Travel discussion for St. John
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Nothintolose, we drove that road when we were at Cinnamon Tarn in June--used it as a short cut from the villa to the North Shore. We actually laughed out loud when we drove past Hakuna Matata about halfway down! We couldn't believe that house was on this road. There's certainly no mention of the "interesting" road to the house on the Catered To website!

Anyway, we drove down it once, and up it once. After going up, we decided to use the regular roads from now on, a decision reached after encountering a cement mixer about halfway up. :shock:
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Steve S

Gift Hill "Short Cut"

Post by Steve S »

This year we stayed on the South Shore Road, right at Chocolate Hole Rd. We tried the Gift Hill route to Coral Bay once and my passengers were pretty much unanimous in deciding that we wouldn't go that way again. It is shorter, but it seems to take as long or longer especially if you are in the backseat and prone to motion sickness.
VaDavid

Mary Beth

Post by VaDavid »

Yes, that is exactly what we did last week. I had not seen that part of the island so we drove out that way and checked out some villas while going across the island.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Speaking of maps/roads:

Is King Hill Road, starting at Centerline Rd, a hiking trail that turns into Carolina Rd before reaching Coral Bay? Is it driveable the whole way from Centerline to Coral Bay?

By the way...I guess I'm a dork too because I love looking at maps!! :)
Coden
bert

Post by bert »

King Hill Road is drive-able up to Josephine's Coral Bay Garden Center. (Get some fresh vegs while you're there!) Then it becomes more or less impassable by car. My son used to make it alright in his 4WD Land Rover, but I would not recommend trying to get all the way back to Centerline that way!

peace.... bert
Coden wrote:Speaking of maps/roads:

Is King Hill Road, starting at Centerline Rd, a hiking trail that turns into Carolina Rd before reaching Coral Bay? Is it driveable the whole way from Centerline to Coral Bay?

By the way...I guess I'm a dork too because I love looking at maps!! :)
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I did not know that you could buy vegetables at Josephines! I thought she only sold to the restaurants. I would definitely drive up there if it meant I could buy some of her produce. Thanks for the tip.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thnx for the info. bert. We are staying in Coral Bay so we'll look for Josephines!!
Coden