When will American Airlines make up its mind?

Travel discussion for St. John
jac w

Post by jac w »

This whole situation with the airlines is getting ridiculous. The seats we book are rarely the seats we receive. When we flew down to STT in May, we had booked 15 seats as a group - we ended up all over the place. It took forever to get everyone on the plane settled. Every single seat was booked and familys were begging for trades so that they could sit with their small children. After everyone was seated (about 30 - 45 min.) they announced that there was a homeland security drill at the airport and we would be on the ground for another hour - but that if we left our seats we would be moved to the back of the line. When Bill and I were flying back from a conference in Tennessee, we didn't find out that they had cancelled the flight until we got to the airport. I thought this was just bad luck, but apparently it is commonplace.

I think maybe its time to start writing letters to the airlines complaining about this treatment and copy our Sentators and media.

ok - so in addition to being a parrothead - I'm a rabblerouser.

jac w.
a/k/a jac & bill
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

Our experience is that American can change their flights at any time, they never seem to be locked in. If you can, consider flying to STT the day before and spending the night on STT at a place like Secret Harbour. The benefits of this is: 1) to remove the airline flight schedule stress and worries from your life and 2) to extend your vacation one day.
Bob & Anita
FlaSteph

Another take on this

Post by FlaSteph »

Before we got married, we had booked a trip to California way in advance...we called the airline about two weeks before our trip for a status update and they had made a change in the type aircraft. This was not a problem until we found out they did not seat us together. Reason for this was our last names were different so they did not think we were traveling together.
Just an FYI to those of you traveling with different names but want to sit together. 8)