Photos - St. John July 2006

Travel discussion for St. John
Ken

Photos - St. John July 2006

Post by Ken »

It has taken me a while, but I have finally gotten a gallery put together from our July trip to St. John. My wife and I have fallen in love with the island, but this was the first time we've taken our kids. We took our 11 and 8 year old daughters and our 4 month old son. The girls had a blast snokelling and enjoying the pool and can't wait to get back. We're already planning our next trip.

Gallery is here:
http://www.pbase.com/rcplanefan/st_john_2006

Here are a few samples:

Ken
jdw

Post by jdw »

The pictures are great - thanks for sharing. What villa did you rent?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks. We stayed in Villa "Ambiance" from Destination St. John. Beautiful place.

Ken
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

those are fantastic, thank you. I need to figure out how to use Pbase!
Amy

Post by Amy »

Great photos, Ken, and what a beautiful family you have! Thanks for posting them.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Love the photos, especially the one of the baby in the water. Too cute!

That villa looks terrific, especially the pool, WOW! Off to check it out on the DSJ site.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
mcdomzal

Post by mcdomzal »

Ken,

What awesome pics! Love the one of your baby in his shades and hat! Thanks for sharing!
MCDomzal
jmq

Post by jmq »

Very nice work Ken. Those photos would make a wonderful calendar thru shutterfly or similar on-line developer. Did you use a polarizer with the Canon?
JMQ
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
PA Girl

Thanks for sharing

Post by PA Girl »

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. We took our 5 month old in March and your post brought back pleasant memories.
VaDavid

Photos

Post by VaDavid »

Hi Ken,

I really love your images, at least it was not hazy like it was last week. How did you post your images in your post, did you cut and paste? Thanks VaDavid
Ken

Post by Ken »

jmq, thanks. From the pictures I took last November, I put together a calendar using Photoworks to give to some family members for Chistmas presents (the format I chose can be found here)

http://www.photoworks.com/calendars/det ... ndars-2003

The quality was absolutely outstanding. I think the 12 month calendar was about $30. Compared to the vast majority of the other "custom" calendars I have seen, this one was head and shoulders above the rest. Yes, I did use a polarizer for most of the sunny shots. The evening/night shots were done with no filter.

Ken
jmq

Post by jmq »

Ken - much thanks for the heads up on Photoworks. I was underwhelmed by the print quality from shutterfly on their photobooks and calendars.
Have also read good things about mypublisher.com and may try them also.

http://mypublisher.com/default.php

JMQ
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I've had my pictures on Kodak Gallery for a few years now (even when it was still Ofoto). I am constantly amazed by the excellent quality of the prints I order, and the speed with which I get them. Usually I get an e-mail within a couple of hours after I place my order saying the prints are done and in the mail!! It takes a little longer on enlargements, but always worth waiting for
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

Great photos, thanks for sharing.

We were not thinking that we would go to STJ in '07 since we have a major Grand Canyon family vacation planned for April '07; but after seeing those pictures combined with Bob just receiving a very nice annual bonus check today we might have to book a STJ villa soon.
Bob & Anita
Ken

Post by Ken »

Way to go Bob! I've always enjoyed your picture and trip reports, Bob & Anita. Glad to hear you may be going back soon. On our first trip, we stayed very near your favorite villa Bayview - we were at Aria. I think we were there at about the same time you were last February (1.5 years ago!).

Ken