It's all Ken's fault...

Travel discussion for St. John
Bob & Anita

It's all Ken's fault...

Post by Bob & Anita »

We were not going to go to STJ in '07 since we have a big Grand Canyon family trip scheduled, but then Ken went and posted those wonderful STJ pictures today, the same day Bob received a nice annual bonus check. Now we are looking into making reservations for not 1, but 2 weeks starting the last week June. Ken, we hope you feel guilty, it's all your fault.

PS: Can some other please post some more pictures soon so Ken can share the blame.
Bob & Anita
chattycat

Post by chattycat »

Well somethings you just can't help! Two weeks on St. John sounds glorious! Hope you have a GREAT time!

If you haven't ever been to the Grand Canyon though I highly recommend going if you can sometime. I was there last June and it was truly amazing--not just a stupid hole in the ground (like I thought)
:mrgreen:
Ken

Post by Ken »

Guilty? Heck, I feel proud! You can't take it with you - so enjoy it while you can!!

Now, we'll be expecting another smokin' trip report when you return.

Ken
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Good job Ken, don't worry they'll be singing your praises about 10 months from now. :lol:

Here's their conversation while sitting on a beach on STJ next June/July:

BOB: I sure am glad we decided to come back this year instead of waiting till 2008. What made us change our minds?

ANITA: I think it was Ken's pictures, he posted them on the forum............they were really good photos.

BOB: Oh yea, I remember.

Then Bob reaches down into his beach bag, pulls out a couple of his Cruzan Beach Soldiers and he and Anita toast Ken.

Happily Ever After..... :P

Very excited for you guys, Happy Planning!!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I just knew you'd do it once you said Bob got his bonus! You go guys!!! What else is a bonus for, if not to blow it on yourself? I'd do exactly the same thing!

Jan: Right-on about the beach soldiers! I can just picture it!
:lol: :lol:
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

We'll be there the last week of June too - so will have to join you in the toast on the beach! Even though our trip isn't Ken's fault, his pictures sure were great!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

Tracy in WI wrote:We'll be there the last week of June too - so will have to join you in the toast on the beach! Even though our trip isn't Ken's fault, his pictures sure were great!
We'll definately have to get together for a toast to all the wonderful forum people who help each other get through our non-STJ times. Too bad we are not going to be there for the big get-together in May with CaliforniaGirl, Jorge, FlorGeorge and who knows else. That sounds like fun.

We are getting the feeling that Ken is not feeling at least bit quilty in his role in all of this. As a form of payback we'll have to craft a trip report with a set of pictures that will end up driving them back to the island.
Bob & Anita
California Girl

Bob & Anita: Sorry I took your favorite villa! LOL! Wish you could be there the same time as all of us, too.

As it turns out, I had my travel agent change our flight down to STT after AA moved it up 2 hours and totally screwed our plans, and now we end up getting into SJU the same time as FlaGeorge & FlaSteph and we will fly into STT together. Just a fluke. FlaGeorge has already warned me that the party starts in SJU now! :roll:

Now what's the name of that stuff the kids take to keep from getting a hangover?

P.S. I'm really not all that sorry about the villa - LOL!!
:lol:
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

California Girl wrote:
P.S. I'm really not all that sorry about the villa - LOL!!
:lol:
We really would have liked to be there at the same time as all of you, sounds like loads of fun. If we could then we would find a different villa, but insist on having you invite us over for happy hour.

We don’t really don’t know why the partying is only going to begin in SJU, you all should be able to do better then that! On our last STJ trip we started drinking Mimosas even before our plane took off at 7 AM from BWI.
Bob & Anita
California Girl

Bob & Anita wrote: We don’t really don’t know why the partying is only going to begin in SJU, you all should be able to do better then that! On our last STJ trip we started drinking Mimosas even before our plane took off at 7 AM from BWI.
Well, our plane leaves at 11:45 p.m. on Friday night out of LAX, and both my hubby and I have to work that day (but I bet we end up taking it off anyway!). We'll fly all night and get into SJU at 9:25 a.m., so when I wake up, that's when the party gets started! (for me at least!) :twisted:
Coden

Post by Coden »

That's fantastic news that you get to go back in 2007...I haven't even been yet and I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to squeeze in a trip back to STJ in 2007 as I already have two vacations planned for that year and one for 2008.

Ain't life grand!!! :D
Coden
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

California Girl wrote:
Bob & Anita wrote: We don’t really don’t know why the partying is only going to begin in SJU, you all should be able to do better then that! On our last STJ trip we started drinking Mimosas even before our plane took off at 7 AM from BWI.
Well, our plane leaves at 11:45 p.m. on Friday night out of LAX, and both my hubby and I have to work that day (but I bet we end up taking it off anyway!). We'll fly all night and get into SJU at 9:25 a.m., so when I wake up, that's when the party gets started! (for me at least!) :twisted:
Ahhh, makes much more sense now.
Bob & Anita
Ken

Post by Ken »

Bob & Anita wrote: We are getting the feeling that Ken is not feeling at least bit quilty in his role in all of this.
How true! And while I can't wait to read your next trip report, it won't be required to get us to return. We're already planning a trip for next spring.

Ken