Honeymoon beach - beware!

Travel discussion for St. John
promoguy

Re: OH MY GOD

Post by promoguy »

Good post. I was always curious as to what the cruise crowd and the folks who take the day trips from STT were suppose to do.

I guess they're suppose to stay with their own. I've always wondered where this elitism by visitors to STJ has come from.

By the by, I have visited STJ for the past ten years and actually none of these folks bother me.
bobcside wrote:Imagine some inferior sole(s) trying to enjoy what you and yours are enjoying!! How uterly rude of those people. But then again think of what the " Natives " must think of YOU infringing on THEIR piece of paradise. Try to keep in mind folks that these are OUR Islands and not YOURS.. Step back and listen to yourself sometime. I think in your heart you don't really feel the way you sound. We all walk this earth with the hope/desire of being able to enjoy the splendor of nature as only these incredible Islands can bring. After all, someone chose to share them with you. NO?
Just another perspective..
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I have to say that I just don't get it. Why is it "elitism" to mention when a beach might be more crowded at one time than another? In general, don't many visitors to St. John check how many ships are in port before deciding what day to go to Trunk Bay or which day would be the best to spend a day shopping in Charlotte Ameilie? I don't see the problem in going where the crowds are not, if you have the entire island to choose from.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

It's the tone and if you've hung around this forum as long as I have, you'd see it.

There is a general trend to diss cruisers and it seemed that, that was the general trend of the thread. This was tone about the interlopers coming over from STT.

If you disagree fine.

liamsaunt wrote:I have to say that I just don't get it. Why is it "elitism" to mention when a beach might be more crowded at one time than another? In general, don't many visitors to St. John check how many ships are in port before deciding what day to go to Trunk Bay or which day would be the best to spend a day shopping in Charlotte Ameilie? I don't see the problem in going where the crowds are not, if you have the entire island to choose from.