AeroBed

Travel discussion for St. John
mbw1024

AeroBed

Post by mbw1024 »

Ok this is going to sound crazy but bear with me... Does anyone know of a place on STJ or STT we could get an Aerobed if we needed one. One of those inflatable mattresses?

Reason I ask is because I have a bad back and some times in foreign beds I end up in a lot of pain. This happened over Memorial Day weekend in Maine and the only thing that saved me was an Aerobed - it was the only thing I could sleep on. So now my husband is insisting we drag an Aerobed to STJ next month! Was wondering if anyone has seen any of these in their travels around the islands? He's more of a better safe than sorry guy and I'm a lets buy it if we need it girl :lol:
I'm sure I will be fine, especially since the beds we are going to are brand new, but he's looking out for my best interests.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I would think you could get one at Kmart on STT
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

Perhaps the Kmart on STT carries them. There are actually 2 locations on STT, one near the cruise ships (across Wendy's and Pueblo) and the other in Tutu (on way to Red Hook).
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Thanks! KMart is a good thought.
Pia

Post by Pia »

OK,

I don't think I have seen any down here, but when we moved to St John I bought one with me :D If you need to borrow it you can BUT it is only a full size (I think) not a queen and it is the type that sits on the floor - not the fancy one with legs. I didn't bring linens with me (or if I did I don't know where they are) but I'm sure you could use some from your villa. All of this assuming that it still inflates :D

Let me know and I;ll check it out for you - btw when are you coming?? and are you on STJ (I think you are)

Pia
beverly

Post by beverly »

Hi We bought one at Kmart at Tuto Mall in July.
beverly

Post by beverly »

Whoops..I meant Tutu Mall
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Pia wrote: I don't think I have seen any down here, but when we moved to St John I bought one with me :D If you need to borrow it you can
See? This is the kind of thing I was talking about when I said thank you to "the locals".

Pia, I'm so impressed. You are an absolute gem! :)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

thanks for the responses. I was hoping to have a security blanket if you know what I mean.

Pia, what a generous offer. I am going to send you a PM.
Thanks!
Pia

Post by Pia »

No problem Mary Beth - glad to be able to help. I sent you a pm :D
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

If you're in a villa, ask your agency if the house has one (ours did (Peace O'Heaven)) or if they can rustle one up. I wouldn't be shocked if they could get one for you.