Rash Guard Shirt Question...

Travel discussion for St. John
Coden

Rash Guard Shirt Question...

Post by Coden »

Sorry to be asking so many questions!! :) And I apologize in advance if this one is extra special stupid, but I just don't know the answer!! :lol:

Do women wear the rash guard shirt over their swimming suit top or in place of? Am I nekkid underneath or not?

I hope the answer is "not" cause I'm too old!! Ha!!
Coden
California Girl

Re: Rash Guard Shirt Question...

Post by California Girl »

Coden wrote:Sorry to be asking so many questions!! :)
Coden - I love that you ask so many questions because you ask the ones I want to ask too! Thanks to you (and CariBert) I think I know what fins I want to buy now, for one thing! You can never ask a stupid question as far as I'm concerned! :)
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thank you CA Girl...you're so sweet!!

We love the fins we bought...I'm taking them on vacation with me at the end of the month and using them in the Gulf of Mexico. I know I'll be a funny site for sore eyes, but I don't Care, I'm too excited and want to really try all of my new gear out! Yee-haw!!
Coden
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I expect a review of all your gear so I can start shopping as soon as you get back! :)
Coden

Post by Coden »

It will be my pleasure!! :D
Coden
CariBert

Rash Guards

Post by CariBert »

Hey kids,

I wear my rash guard right over my bare skin....I am nekkid underneath. Of course when I go topless, no body cares. However, Barbara wears her rash guard over her suit. She wears tankinis, and the protection from the sun and water that a rash guard provides, is easily slipped off when you exit the water.

I highly recommend rash guards, they are comfortable and they dry quickly, and they have about a 150 UV protection to boot.

One note: when you buy a rash guard, buy one a size or two bigger than you usually wear.

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Coden

Post by Coden »

Thnx Bert! I actually found a shirt at Target that fits the bill. And while it is not UV rated, I will put sunblock on my back before putting the shirt on. The shirt I found is a V neck - I don't think I could wear anything else.

I'm going to show the real rashguards to my son and see if he could wear something with that high of a neck or if he wants to look at the ones I found at Target in the mens dept that is more of a scoop neck.

Thanks for the info. on the sizing, that is most helpful and makes sure we get the proper size!
Coden
Bob & Anita

Re: Rash Guard Shirt Question...

Post by Bob & Anita »

Coden wrote:Do women wear the rash guard shirt over their swimming suit top or in place of? Am I nekkid underneath or not?
Bob: I recommend that all women should wear their tight surf/rash guard shirts without a top :lol:

Anita: Ladies, don't listen to my naughty husband, I wear mine with my bikini top.
Bob & Anita
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thnx Anita - It is a big relief to hear that one wears the shirt over the swimming suit. I was going to have to do that anyway! Ha!!

Bob - Bad Bob, Bad Bob!!! :lol:
Coden