BVI Day Trip for 19 people

Travel discussion for St. John
max2mc

BVI Day Trip for 19 people

Post by max2mc »

We are wanting to go to The Baths, Cooper Island, and The Indians in the beginning of November. I know that Limnos holds 50 and New Horizons can hold I believe 18, but are there any other boats that can take up to 17 or 19 people?
RickG

Sadie Sea

Post by RickG »

You can talk to the folks at Sadie Sea - http://www.sadiesea.com/. I would think a private charter would be better for a group that large. I've been on this boat on the way back from the NPS guided Reef Bay hikes and it is comfortable with plenty of shaded space.

I've spoken to Ben before and he is very nice and full of info. They also run a catamaran charter and book for some other charters.

Cheers, RickG
max2mc

Post by max2mc »

Thanks RickG! I have put in an email to them and hopefully they can hold that many people...I saw something on their website about 12, but I hoping I am wrong. What about a Catamaran or do you know who would be good to contact that would be able to tell me my options??

Thanks for your help.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
RickG

Post by RickG »

The Sadie Sea website quotes up to 37 people for a private charter. It is a large boat, but 37 would be too much!

They book other vessels as well. Connections is a good bet for booking as is the Westin activities desk.

Cheers, RickG
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I'm pretty sure that New Horizons has a larger boat that could hold your party. I think it is called the Breakaway. We were on their smaller boat, but saw the Breakway heading to the same destinations as us--Baths, Jost etc. I am not sure if they go to the Indians, but you could ask. Are you looking for a private charter?
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
max2mc

Post by max2mc »

Thanks Jorge! They are the same breed as Pia's.

Thanks RickG for all the help, I must have missed the occupancy on Sadie Sea's websit. If I don't get a reply from my email I will call them in a few days. Also, I think I will try Connections.

Liamsaunt, I have checked into New Horizons and it is an option. I am just not sure on them because they make so many stops...not as much time at each location. Although, if it was a private charter they may alter the itinerary.

Thanks again everyone!!! I am trying to gather as much information as I can and make my decision soon. I am SO ready to be on the Island approx. 7 weeks and counting :D
Pia

Post by Pia »

Hey Max2MC

Your avatar is sooooo cute - a mini with hair :D It appears that my "babies" are going to have very short hair which is great for the island but unfortunately the littlest one is just not growing
:( so she may end up more of a toy - not what we wanted - but she is adorable with such a personality so that more than makes up for it :D They are both so smart and still quite a handful !!! BTW how old is your "baby"?

And before anyone say's anything....sorry we are talking dogs again (not really :wink: )

Luv ya all

Pia
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Hi again Max,

I will admit that I thought the New Horizons trip made too many stops. Overall, I would have preferred more snorkeling time. We really were not that into the Baths, and it took quite a while to get there. Lunch on Marina Cay was just OK too, and, again, was time we would rather have been snorkeling. However, we LOVED the snorkel stop they made at Guana Island--really impressive snorkeling there (at least we thought so!). We also thought it was nice to end at Jost for a drink.

Good luck in your search!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
way2old

Cats & Sailboats - Suggestions

Post by way2old »

Max,
Try these:

Allura: http://www.sailallura.com/

Jester: http://www.sailjester.com/

Outlaw: http://www.sailoutlaw.com/

Scubadu: http://www.sailvi.com/index.htm

I do not know the people capacity of each, but worth checking into. I have personally been on Scubadu and had a great trip to BVI's.

Good luck !!!

Go Limin...way2old
way2old

BOAT CAPACITY

Post by way2old »

Max,
I think the Allura can hold you group if they are still in business. A few years ago I got glowing reviews on these guys.
Jester & Outlaw may be too small.
I don't know how many people Captain Joe will take on Scubadu.
Go Limin...way2old
max2mc

Post by max2mc »

Pia, My babies are now 2- Hard to believe! They are brothers (Jasper and Dewey) and are quite a handful. We shave them at the beginning of summer (because of the humidity here in Arkansas..it gets to around 110 with the heat index.) When we are not home they are required to be outside because they get bored and eat our trim work! Don't feel too bad for them they have a dog door to our workshop that has air.
Mine are both minatures...so I would love your "small" one!!! I will have to come see them when we are on the island, which store are you in? (it's on st. thomas right?)

max2mc

Post by max2mc »

Thanks way2old! We actually went on Scubadu 3 years ago and loved it, but I think it only olds up to 6. I know it won't hold 19, but I am going to look into Allura.

Thanks again,
Max