Heavens Gate Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
efrank

Heavens Gate Villa

Post by efrank »

While we aren't able to stay here this trip, during villa research we stumbled upon Heavens Gate in Hurricane Hole. Looks gorgeous and was curious if anyone has stayed here?
[/url]
pnoeric

Post by pnoeric »

It's a gorgeous villa in Estate Zootenval... haven't been in it yet but I know it. 4 bedroom/4 bath, over 3000 sq ft... and of course a killer view!! (We use a photo of their pool on the front page of our site, in fact.) I'll see if I can get find out any first-hand reports from guests who have been there.
Eric Mueller (& John McCann)
Last Minute Island Vacation villa rentals
fmzip

Re: Heavens Gate Villa

Post by fmzip »

Has anyone stayed here?
Splasher54

Post by Splasher54 »

We are staying there in late jan. Will post a review.
(Message Boards code, FertilityFriend.com's boards, phpBB based Image
fmzip

Post by fmzip »

Splasher54 wrote:We are staying there in late jan. Will post a review.
Thanks, we stayed for two weeks at Andara on our last trip, I believe it's in the same general area
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Trying to remember where Estate Zootenval is..Is that far east end? Just wondering how the drive is to town and north shore beaches?
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
fmzip

Post by fmzip »

It's two minutes past Skinny Leg's, located up the hill from the Estate Zootenvaal Cottages along the waterfront.
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Merry Christmas... :D Yes, We stayed there in June 2013 for 8 nights with 3 other couples. Can't post anything tonight...late and got to get to bed. PM me for anything you might like to know.

Good night to all and to all a goodnight !! :wink:

Sherry in SC
" I believe there's Magic here...."
SandyPants

Post by SandyPants »

We stayed there shortly before Philbetm. Absolutely astounding "wild" view (that is, not a lot of other houses, cars, boats etc.). The villa is lovely, as are the owners (Josephine of Josephine's Greens and her husband). Driveway wasn't bad and easy parking for two vehicles. The house sits high enough to catch the breeze and we never touched the AC in early June. The pool gets plenty of sun, but was still "refreshing". Three roughly equal bedrooms and one slightly smaller without an outdoor shower, though our occupants liked it just fine as it got a little less sun in the early morning. Would definitely recommend.
Splasher54

Post by Splasher54 »

We are here at Heaven's Gate and it is fabulous. Everyone in the party's jaw dropped when we arrived and saw the view. It is stunning and the house is beautiful. It is beautifully decorated and comfortable. Everything is first class and there are plenty of supplies (floats, masks, fins, noodles, chairs etc) Also plenty of tools for cooking in the kitchen. House is cool without using the AC and the pool is great. Josephine is a great help and her greens are delicious! Will post more after we leave, but highly recommend.
fmzip

Post by fmzip »

Splasher54 wrote:We are here at Heaven's Gate and it is fabulous. Everyone in the party's jaw dropped when we arrived and saw the view. It is stunning and the house is beautiful. It is beautifully decorated and comfortable. Everything is first class and there are plenty of supplies (floats, masks, fins, noodles, chairs etc) Also plenty of tools for cooking in the kitchen. House is cool without using the AC and the pool is great. Josephine is a great help and her greens are delicious! Will post more after we leave, but highly recommend.
Great time to be there!

Negative 4 degrees here in northern CT!

Can't wait to go back to St John :)

How about some pics to warm us up???
hockeyboy09

Post by hockeyboy09 »

The villa is good but not great. The views are stunning. The owners are great. The landscaping is wonderful. The four separate suites are all very nice and gives everyone a little private space.

A couple of things detract from the villa.

1. The green couch. Both ugly (IMHO) and uncomfortable
2. There aren't any large doors to open the house up to the outside.

One big positive is that there are reefs that are very isolated in HH. From the porch you can see large coral heads across the bay. If you're brave enough to make the 15-20 minute swim across the harbor (at the shortest point just past Zootenval) you will find a very nice reef that is not often visited. Lots of healthy coral and fish.
Splasher54

Post by Splasher54 »

I have to say, we had 10 people at the house watching the Super Bowl on Sunday and the couch was great. When I look for a villa to rent I prefer a real couch not the rattan ones with the cushions that come off. Those are uncomfortable. I won't rent if the villa doesn't have comfortable couches, chairs. Also, not sure about the comment on opening the house up, there are two sets of french doors in the living room that open right up onto the porch. We spent more time out there than inside during the day and ate every meal on the porch at the tables. This villa was the first villa that I considered staying at the villa all day instead of going our hiking and snorkeling!
SandyPants

Post by SandyPants »

Yeah, we thought the wrap-around couch was great for watching tv with a crowd, too. We did snorkel in the bay below the house; the water was very warm (maybe the time of year?) and it wasn't really all that pleasant. On the other hand, we did enjoy strolling the driveway in the mornings with our coffee and saw quite a few interesting birds that way.