What I Did on My Summer Vacation

Travel discussion for St. John
StJohnRuth

What I Did on My Summer Vacation

Post by StJohnRuth »

Well, it was supposed to be my Summer Vacation In New England, but our plans changed. (Sorry, Mom.)
If you are in New England, please eat extra peaches, tomatoes, fried clams and steamers for us. If you go to Jasper's clam bake restaurant (Not sure what it's called) or the East Coast Grill in Inman Square, Cambridge, let me know how good it was.
Ron and I have been building a new store for the past few weeks. I have completely lost track of who was here when and what photos I've already sent, so here's our general "St. John Kids Is Moving" update.

www.stjohnspice.com/newkids.htm

Thank you to all for posting photos of the beaches of St. John. I recognize some of them!

See you on St. John!
-Ruth
silverheels

What I did on my summer vacation

Post by silverheels »

Ruth and Ron,
It really looks good. You've done so much in the week since I left. Congratulations! When is your anticipated move? Wish I could be there, I'd help move you from Wharfside. We have to plan a time when you are in front of the webcam so that you can wave to me.

Marie
Coden

Post by Coden »

Now that is cool!!! Congratulations on your new place. The view is spectacular and the before and after shots of your work is remarkable. Amazing what a little bit of wood and tile can do to transform a room, isn't it? Does this replace your business at Wharfside?

We need to stop in as soon as we land at STJ, and before going to Coral Bay to our Villa, to pick up our coffee as I Must have some of the Kiss of Jumbie for my stay there and especially for my 1st morning. I had hoped to send the boys up to get the coffee while I was getting the car. Is This doable for us?

Again, congrats and many, many happy years there!!
Coden
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Coden wrote:Now that is cool!!! Congratulations on your new place. The view is spectacular and the before and after shots of your work is remarkable. Amazing what a little bit of wood and tile can do to transform a room, isn't it? Does this replace your business at Wharfside?

We need to stop in as soon as we land at STJ, and before going to Coral Bay to our Villa, to pick up our coffee as I Must have some of the Kiss of Jumbie for my stay there and especially for my 1st morning. I had hoped to send the boys up to get the coffee while I was getting the car. Is This doable for us?

Again, congrats and many, many happy years there!!
I am as amazed at the transformation as you are. I always love before and after pictures. Maybe if you do this kind of work every day it's not as remarkable, I don't know.
Yes, since The Dockside Building is not part of Wharfside Village, this will replace our business there.
You can definitely send the guys up for coffee while you pick up the car.
See you then!
-Ruth
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Coden

Post by Coden »

It's a date Ruth!!! I'll make up a list of what we need off of the items on your website. That way we can get a jump-start on having the Good Stuff!! and then more at our leisure be able to come into your store and do some serious shopping. By the way...your website is awesome and very easy to use.

What time do you close on Tuesdays in December? That is the day we hit the island. We currently land in STT at 4:14, and provided they don't change our flights, we should hit STJ between approx. 5:30 or 6:00. Correct?
Coden
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Hi Ruth,

East Coast Grill is one of our favorite restaurants! We love their black and blue tuna tacos and the awesome vegetable plate.

The Jasper restaurant you are thinking of is Jasper White's Summer Shack. I really like their fried clams. In fact, I am wearing a Jasper White t-shirt right now. It says "food is love" on the back. I can agree with that!

I will confess that I don't eat steamers after an unfortunate event involving three pounds of steamers and four bowls of clam juice, along with two whole lobsters...when I was seven years old.

And, I'll have a tomato from the garden for you this afternoon. Somehow, I still think you have it better than me. :D

PS: We love the Cruz Bay Grill Rub and use it all the time.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

For those of you who aren't bored to death with this, I have posted some updated photos.

We had a little rest while the painter was in there. We caught up on some mail orders and paperwork and went to Maho for a few hours.

Now Ron is going to put on His "Men At Work Hammer & Chisel Ashland, MA" shirt and get back to work.

David -n Hampton and Kathy had a tour this afternoon. He'll tell you all about his trip soon. If he can write with that bandage on his hand.....

And the web cam is frozen at 6:22. Might be because we had a big thunderstorm and the power is out. Does the camera need power? Probably, I don't know, we'll see if it comes back on when the electricity does. If not, I'll contact the GoToStJohn.com people right away. Don't anyone panic!
-Ruth
Last edited by StJohnRuth on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Oh my gosh!! That white paint makes a total transformation. The wood walls were awesome but the white paint just screams Island and Relaxation. Or to me it does anyway. :lol:

Good Job!! I can't wait to get there and do some serious shopping. I'm probably going to break down and order some coffee beforehand to be sent here because I'm dying for some of the Kiss of Jumbie!! :)
Coden
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

The white paint makes a hig difference. It look sgreat. I can not wait to do all my shopping there. It will be the one stop shop for me; stuff for the nieces and nephews and spices and coffee for the adults.
Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

Are these photos of ST John Kids or for St John Spice. I thought your new store was already open in the building.
Amy

Post by Amy »

Wow, it looks great, Ruth! You've done so much since we were there just a couple of weeks ago.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hey Ruth!

So glad to see the new pictures! You guys have done so much work!! When it's all done at the end of the day and you sit back with your glass of wine (or is that "whine"?) I'm sure you get a real sense of satisfaction!

Can't wait to walk on that new tile floor!
:D
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Hi ruth,

Greetings from Framingham!

The store looks great - looking forward to putting a dent in my Christmas shopping when I get there in November (and meeting you).

I don't know about Jaspar's, but the fried clams at Kelly's were really good the other night :) I've been begging my friends to bring me some tomatoes, but no luck yet.

see you soon,

janet
janet