sony handycam underwater case.

Travel discussion for St. John
parafins

sony handycam underwater case.

Post by parafins »

When my family took a trip to St.John last June I took a Sony Handycam and it's under water case made by Sony.This worked well for filming underwater but only for about 1 half hour.It seems that the sun made the inside lens fog up even when I used anti fog.The whole case is made out of clear plastic so I am considering painting the top of the case white.Does anyone think this will help?P.S.Filming underwater is fun but you have to be real steady.I filmed a turtle at Waterlemon and a Queen Angelfish at Francis.Best wishes...[/list]
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
snorkelgirl

Post by snorkelgirl »

I have both a hard and soft case for my camera. The soft case came with a packet that you keep inside the bag with the camera and it absorbs moisture. Never had a problem with fogging. The company is called ewa-marine and the packet is called camera dry. I'm sure you could purchase the packets by themselves. The company that makes the hard case is called Ikelite. I never needed to do anything for fogging with that one. I'm not sure if painting the outside would help any.
Videotaping underwater is definitely a challenge!! I had to erase my first few attempts. They were nauseating to watch. Way too much camera motion. Eventually, I got the hang of it and taped two eagle rays swimming around me that's really great to watch.
I hope this helps!