To Anthony - Logging in/out question

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

To Anthony - Logging in/out question

Post by California Girl »

Anthony - When I logged in, I checked the box that says "keep me logged in". It makes it very easy to get in and out of the forum, but I'm wondering if I never log out, will it always show me as being online, even when I'm not? And how come I show up as being online on the index page, but not necessarily on the forum page where it shows "users browsing"? Sometimes I show up there, sometimes not. Hmmmm.... :roll:
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

I think it is a cookies issue, and depends on your browser cache. Some of those features are not exact and do seem a little buggy. If you stayed logged in but are not active I don't think it shows you as present though...
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

I don't get this. Every time I try to reply to a post it asks me to log in, even though when I first view the board it says that I am logged in. Drat.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:I don't get this. Every time I try to reply to a post it asks me to log in, even though when I first view the board it says that I am logged in. Drat.
What is your hardware/software set up? Are you using AOL?
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Yes. We are using AOL (not my idea, the teenage kids insist on it for some reason). I wonder if I need to do someting with the cookies settings...as if I even know what I am talking about.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:We are using AOL
I need to look into this - I think there may be issues with AOL users...
trptman

Removing Accounts

Post by trptman »

Hi Anthony -

I had trouble logging on with my initial userid - probably because I initially created it with a wrong email address - I then created it using the same userid and the correct email address but it would never let me log in - even when I requested a password change. I since created a new account using a different email address. Would you please delete the two M & D accounts?

Thanks
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Okay, I'm trying this from our AOL account at home. Unfortunately, it still makes me re-log in everytime I try to reply to a post. Oh bother.
Bandit

It's your fault Pete!!!

Post by Bandit »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:Okay, I'm trying this from our AOL account at home. Unfortunately, it still makes me re-log in everytime I try to reply to a post. Oh bother.
I'm using a satellite dish, a Campbells Soup Can, and a string, and have absolutely no issues. :lol:
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:Okay, I'm trying this from our AOL account at home. Unfortunately, it still makes me re-log in everytime I try to reply to a post. Oh bother.
Pete do you have cookies turned off?? Maybe your cookies file is corrupt?
RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

Don't put any cookies out there Bandit :twisted: will steal them!

RL 8)
Bandit

Post by Bandit »

RonUSVI wrote: Don't put any cookies out there Bandit :twisted: will steal them!

RL 8)
Got Milk???
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Anthony, you were right...it was a "cookie issue" on my end. Apparently, our security settings were filtering certain cookies. I changed it and all seems to be working well. Thanks for your help.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Cool - glad to know that is fixed.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:22 pm.