So where exactly is Josephine's Coral Bay Garden Center?

Travel discussion for St. John
AquaGirl

So where exactly is Josephine's Coral Bay Garden Center?

Post by AquaGirl »

My hubby and I just booked our trip in April to STJ - staying at Bayview Villa, based upon recommendations, trip reports and pics from forumites. (This past May, we stayed at Concordia one week and Coconuts Villa the second week. Enjoyed both very much, but wanted to try something different.)
We are big fruit and veggie eaters, and the grocery stores were a bit limited, but we found some good produce for breakfast and picnic lunches. I am interested in this garden center - did not know it existed. Can you tell me exactly where it is and what she sells?
Thanks
Bill and Jeri
Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

I think the garden center sells mostly plants and outdoor furniture stuff. As I recall it's in the buildings across the street from Island Blues.
JT

Post by JT »

Actually it is aways up the road behind Love City Mini Mart in Coral Bay.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

Oops. Must be thinking of another place. :(
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Fresh Produce on St John is always hard to find. You can try Natures Nook acropss from the old barge dock.They usually have fresh fruit and sometimes some interesting vegetables.

I believe that Josephine only sells wholesale, but I think you can find some of her veggies ar Marina Market.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Josaphines does sell to the "general public" :D Her produce depends on what is available. You can always call before you visit to see what is available and her number is 340-693-5579 but she is closed on Mondays.

If you know where Love City Mini Mart is just stay on that road and it will be on your left - you pass a sign that says "Tourist Information - you are lost"
(love that sign) and the road gets really rutted and you will think surley it's not this far, but yep it is.

Hope this helps.

Pia
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

No she has a cooler in the garden center that has vegtables and some of the best salad mixes that I have ever had. It is quite a ways down the road in fact you start thinking you missed it.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Thanks Pia, I had no idea. I remember years ago she was only selling to restaurants.

I love her Arugula and will be sure to stop by and get some in April.