air tran?

Travel discussion for St. John
bill

air tran?

Post by bill »

has anyone ever flown Air Tran. they have some really good deals to cities within the u.s. thanks .. :?: i can use them to fly to florida and then get a flight from another carrier to St. Thomas.
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

I fly AirTran from BWI to Fort Myers, FL a half a dozen times since January. I have never had a delay and have landed early frequently, both directions. I always use carryon only so can't speak to their baggage handling at all.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

bill

air tran

Post by bill »

thanks Gidget do you fly into tortola?
promoguy

Re: air tran

Post by promoguy »

bill wrote:thanks Gidget do you fly into tortola?
If you mean by her mention of BWI in relation to British West Indies????

BWI is Baltimore.
bill

air tran

Post by bill »

thanks promo guy. i was surprised when gidget said bwi - just thinking in the caribbean state of mind. tortole didn't really make sense.
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Hey Gidget,

We fly AirTran fairly often, have for several years. Mostly to Florida and once to Boston. We have NO complaints and have NEVER had a problem.

The only thing that bugs me a little is their fare specials are not offered very far out in advance. We could have gotten a great deal a couple of weeks ago to STJ for our December trip. Someone had air out of MIA for 183.00 and AirTran had fare out of here for 98.00. But the fare was only good for about 5 weeks, 1st part of October I think.

Hope this helps....

Jan (aka Charlie)
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

I should have been less vague - BWI is Baltimore.

Yes, the fares do tend to fluctuate a lot. They are generally at their lowest about 4 - 6 weeks ahead of your travel date. Right now they are having their annual "Fall Fare Sale" and I got a one way to Fort Myers for $59.00 in early October - I haven't looked further out than that because this will be (hopefully) my last trip down, I'll be driving my folks permanently North.

Then I can start planning to travel to places *I* want to go (like STJ) again. Hooray!!!!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius