Coconuts Booty Call

Travel discussion for St. John
Bigcheeze

Coconuts Booty Call

Post by Bigcheeze »

I bet nobody has ever done this before...

A couple years ago in the depth and darkness of a cold Michigan winter and having consumed a few Dark and Diets I noticed I still had the Villa number to Coconuts on my cell. So, I thought, what the heck, I'd call and chat up who ever was staying there to get my STJ 'Fix'.( How's the weather...beaches...villa...)

I might add it was before 9pm when I called and sure enough someone answered the phone...that someone was Kevin the new owner. He was cordial and appreciated my enthusiasmm for Coconuts and we chatted for 20 minutes or so.

Having sated my FIX we said our goodbyes...and Kevin politely and most graciously asked if in the future I might refrain from future calls as some renters might not share my exhuberance...lol

I'm sure nobody has ever done something like that to get their Island Fix.
Caw954s

Re: Coconuts Booty Call

Post by Caw954s »

Holy cow! That is funny...I couldn't do it, but i would want to :wink: ...just wouldn't have the guts. But, I'm glad you told us you did!
You're quite the character bigcheeze...I love it!
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Hilarious! I am more the jealous type that doesn't want to talk to anyone having fun with my island/boyfriend when I am not there!!
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

LOL... you are too funny.... and even more funny that Kevin answered.

How do you feel now that you have confessed your call?

Thanks for tha laugh!
P.S. Did you have a few dark and diets before posting this?
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

:shock: You didn't! OMG - you did, didn't you? Now there's something that never would have crossed my mind....drunk dialing St. John. :lol: Bless Kevin, what a patient soul! We are sick people....
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

mnfun2bme wrote:LOL... you are too funny.... and even more funny that Kevin answered.

How do you feel now that you have confessed your call?

Thanks for tha laugh!
P.S. Did you have a few dark and diets before posting this?
If I did have a few when I posted at 7 this morning I do have a serious drinking problem...

Confession is good...Augie/Leslie and Paul and Tracy know the story...but heard it first hand with more embellishments when told directly from my mouth.
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

As I recall, Dave called very shortly after we bought Coconuts. He had stayed there several times before, so it was great to get a guest's perspective on the place. It did strike me as a bit odd, though, and Danielle found it distinctly sketchy, but I understand that Dave has been on his best behavior since then, with no relapses during those cold Michigan winter nights, so all is well...

LOL,

Kevin
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Bigcheeze wrote: Confession is good...Augie/Leslie and Paul and Tracy know the story...but heard it first hand with more embellishments when told directly from my mouth.
This story made me belly laugh so hard when I heard it first hand... And made me worry about what might happen during an ambien moment when I was missing St John since we have numbers of villas in our phones!! :D
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

If we were to receive a villa booty call, my husband would probably chat away to the drunk dailer on the other end.
Coconuts wrote:As I recall, Dave called very shortly after we bought Coconuts. He had stayed there several times before, so it was great to get a guest's perspective on the place. It did strike me as a bit odd, though, and Danielle found it distinctly sketchy, but I understand that Dave has been on his best behavior since then, with no relapses during those cold Michigan winter nights, so all is well...

LOL,

Kevin
I can relate to your wife's feelings! It wasn't a phone call but an in person visit.

We bought a cottage in a vacation spot where nothing sells, people pass their properties down the generations or sell to their friends. When anyone "new" comes around, all eyes are on you. After some renovations, we started using the place on the weekends.

One night, we were at a local bar and a man walks up to me and starts telling me how much he likes our cottage. I said thanks, thinking he is just being polite but then he starts describing in great detail about the interiors, loves what we did with the fireplace, blah, blah, blah and then I realized he had been IN MY HOUSE! After we bought it and did the renovations.

Turns out, he was so curious about who bought this particular house, he knocked on the door when the contractors were finishing up the project and asked for the owners. They assumed he was a friend of ours so they let him have free run on the house.

Sketchy didn't begin to describe my feelings about this person. In the end, we come to find out he is a retired (big city) police officer who has become a fun friend to have around. He has introduced us to the "old timers," expanding our circle in a nice way. I did tell him "no more self-guided tours!"
MargaritaDee

Post by MargaritaDee »

Ha-that is fantastic! I just read the story to my husband, along with Kevin's response and we got a great laugh. Now thinking about calling the place we stay at Grande Bay.... :D
May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand in your shoes...
If I could just figure out the damn ticker...St. John Vacation June 20-July 5, 2014!
lorijo068

Post by lorijo068 »

I LOVE this!! If we get to go to Coconuts again (praying) I hope someone booty calls us!! It would be fun to talk to someone who loves Coconuts/St John as much as we do!!! I just hope I am able to carry on a lucid conversation!! Oh you'll know when I'm going to be there as I will be shouting it to the world!!
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Bumping a post...as it is Throw Back Thursday. :lol:

Enjoy The Journey!

Bigcheeze/Dave
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

What a great story to start the day with! Thanks Big Cheese, loved it.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

mindehankins wrote::shock: You didn't! OMG - you did, didn't you? Now there's something that never would have crossed my mind....drunk dialing St. John. :lol: Bless Kevin, what a patient soul! We are sick people....

"We are the people our parents warned us about." J. Buffett
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

jimg20 wrote:
mindehankins wrote::shock: You didn't! OMG - you did, didn't you? Now there's something that never would have crossed my mind....drunk dialing St. John. :lol: Bless Kevin, what a patient soul! We are sick people....

"We are the people our parents warned us about." J. Buffett
So does this mean we get to go to litter cheeses 1st impressions thread and complain about inebriated folk from the tundra, calling us at all hours at our villa :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: