Villa Stay Flexibility Experience

Travel discussion for St. John
Steve S

Villa Stay Flexibility Experience

Post by Steve S »

The Flight vs Villa poll got me thinking... My experience is the best flight deals are for mid week to mid week. Some villa management companies maintain a Saturday to Saturday bookings only rule. Would forum readers mind sounding off where they've had luck finding mid-week to mid-week rentals?
JT

Post by JT »

In Coral Bay, Windspree is usually very accommodating. Call Karen or Kay and explain what you're looking for. I've also found VIVA to be great also.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

we are doing that at Bongo Bongo (Carefree Getaways) but I think it's because it is new and we are off season. I don't know that they will allow that during high season.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

We've always travelled off-season and have never had a problem getting the villa we want for the dates we want. Usually we book about 10m-1year out.

Last year we booked Ambiance for a week and then decided to make it 10 days and didn't have a problem at all. Checked in on a Saturday and out on a Tuesday and it was over Memorial Day weekend.

Probably depends on in or out of season and the popularity of the house.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

If you can manage to stay for longer than a week, you can do what John and I do--start and/or end the vacation at a hotel. That way you can take advantage of the cheaper airfare and still fit within the rental guidelines for your villa.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Mango

Post by Mango »

Caribbean Villa & Resorts doesn't require Sat. to Sat.
RickG

Post by RickG »

ditto Mango, we've booked weekday starts with Caribbean Villas and ViVacations. We go in the Fall and late spring.

Cheers, RickG
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Same for us w/Caribbean Villas. Our 4th trip is coming up and this is the 1st time we've booked Sunday to Sunday. We did this because those were the only dates our villa was available. Airfares are definately cheaper during mid-week, at least in the Norfolk Va area. This time we're flying out of D.C. and the fares were good any day of the week. If you look at the availability calendars for various villas you will see that it doesn't look like they require weekend to weekend rentals.

Jan (aka Charlie)
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

I have NEVER booked a villa from a weekend day to a weekend day. We avoid traveling on weekends at all cost. And we usually book for 13 days or 15 or something like that....