Virgin Islands Webcams

Bolongo Bay

Housekeeping note for all forumites! Please read -

Travel discussion for St. John

Moderator: The Mgmt.

Housekeeping note for all forumites! Please read -

Postby Anthony » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi everyone -
As some of you may know by now we (me and my family) just relocated back to the states. Unfortunately we are a bit in limbo as this spot in NJ is not our final destination. I just wanted to give a little heads up and make a couple of points to all registered members:

1. Please make sure that the email address you are using for your account is active. We are seeing a large increase of bounced emails. This happens when your existing forum email is no longer in use, so any communication from the forum system (PMs, new reply alerts, etc.) gets bounced back to us. More importantly you don't receive it, and most likely it is information you wanted.

2. We will be killing the old photo section (I don't think anyone misses it actually as it has not worked in forever and not one person has complained!) and asking anyone who wants to contribute instead to submit pics to our tumblr account - http://vionline.tumblr.com
You do need a tumblr account to do this - it is free, and it is fun.

3. If you see spam or other weird posts, or get strange spammy or weird PMs, please let me know! There are a few thousand of us here, and I do miss things. Getting a PM or email from you guys is always a great help -

4. Any new villa reviews are greatly appreciated! I can't stress enough that we are sort of in a battle here - but between sites like Facebook, TripAdvisor, and apps of all kinds, the audience is more and more fractured. I don't see the forum ever going away, but we need it to keep growing, or start growing again. The last couple of years have been a bit flat as most regular users have noticed.

5. Finally, I know I have been saying this for years, but we do have a ton of new things to bring to the website. We need to get the dining reviews re-started, we have tons of new content written for beaches, things to do, we have a lot of original photos, etc. This will all be launched by the end of 2013. And maybe even an app that is centered on our content and maps. I hope when the time comes I can count on asking questions on the forum and that you guys will help me fill in the gaps (which can be huge!).

Anyway - that is all for now, thanks for taking the time to read this, and please if you want to leave feedback, suggestions, kudos or hate mail - feel free! I am all ears. We have been at this for 18 years (OMG!) and I guess it will be another 18 until I reach retirement so...
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Re: Housekeeping note for all forumites! Please read -

Postby mbw1024 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:41 pm

Good luck getting settled!
mbw1024

Postby lprof » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:42 pm

After 10 weeks away, I am home. The first word I see while accessing this favorite site on a full size screen is "housekeeping"... I think not! I was looking for "beach"! :(
I hope you and the girls are happily getting temporarily settled. Have some fun!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
lprof

Postby cocosmom » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:09 am

Thank you for fueling my St John obsession!
cocosmom

Postby Coden » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:13 am

Thanks Anthony for the help, I had recently changed my e-mail addy - so your post was at the right time.

And welcome to the US!! I hope you all get settled soon. Happy summer!
Coden
Coden

Postby Capn Dan and Ruby » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks for what you do Anthony! Hope you will be settled soon!
Capn Dan and Ruby

Postby Barb Y » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Best of luck with your move(s)! Thanks for all you do to this forum up and running.
Barb Y

Postby Anthony » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:53 pm

Well, for the few of you who may be curious - we have rented a house in Clermont, NY, a historically significant place in Columbia Co. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clermont,_New_York

We couldn't pull off buying something with so little time, but the towns of Red Hook and Tivoli seem like great places, and we already in a couple of trips up there have met so many nice people that it really seems like it could become home.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Postby mbw1024 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Very nice!
mbw1024

Postby Capn Dan and Ruby » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:19 pm

:D :D :D :D
Capn Dan and Ruby

Return to U.S. Virgin Islands Travel Forum: St. John