Inner Visions

Travel discussion for St. John
nuendelcapecod

Inner Visions

Post by nuendelcapecod »

Does anyone have a recommendation as to how I can get management at Cinnamon Bay Campground to consider having Inner Visions on their entertainment at the T'ree Lizards Restaurant/Lounge during our stay 3/5 - 3/18? We don't rent a car and getting home from various venues after dark is an issue. The first time I heard Inner Visions they were performing at Cinnamon Bay but it's been a few years since we caught them there. Hoping for the best! :mrgreen:
Cruzan Chris

Re: Inner Visions

Post by Cruzan Chris »

nuendelcapecod ,
I will talk to my wife ( Island Girl ) tonight to see if she can get you any info on a schedule for the Band . I will try to post it for you a.s.a.p. We ALL could use a little "INNERGIZING" right about now !
"St.John,always in our hearts,minds,and souls"
stingrat

Post by stingrat »

they will be appearing at miss Lucy's moonlight party on 14 march.
High in the rockies?
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

Thanks, folks. I would like to have a schedule but since we don't rent a car and it can be challenging getting back to Cinnamon Bay later at night, we're really hoping we can convince the management to book Inner Visions for us campers. I did send an email and got a response that the request had been passed along. And Inner Visions did respond to my FB post and they are currently not scheduled at CBC. If the vibes are right.......
samoka

Post by samoka »

According to their Facebook page they are playing at the Beach Bar on Feb 21st, which luckily is my first day on island :D
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

:?: Well, since I first posted I have emailed the management for CBC to request an Inner Visions night I have heard back from a nice woman named Janet. She reports that Caneel Bay's budget for entertainment has been slashed. Inner Visions also responded and said that management had contacted them to make a booking for CBC but even tho the band drastically reduced their fee it wasn't looking too good. So now - if we wanted to hear them at Miss Lucy's on 3/14 how could we get back to CBC after the show? I've heard that even in Cruz Bay getting a night taxi ride to CBC can be very difficult. Ideas, anyone? We WILL NOT be renting a car.
lprof

Post by lprof »

Although I have not personally used any of these taxi services, one might work for you. While looking for something else, I ran across Mr. Wonderful and he sounds like he is just that! (Info from: https://tropicalogy.com/tropic-tips-st-john-usvi/ )

Mario’s Taxi Service – “If you aren’t renting a vehicle and choose to travel by island taxi, check out Mario from Mario’s Taxi Service, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.”
- by Gerald Singer, author of St. John Off The Beaten Track and local blog St. John Life

Earl Thomas Taxi Service, Cruz Bay - “Island and botanical tours, beach trips, and hotel drop-offs. Reservations accepted.“
- by Phyllis Hall of Hillcrest Guest House, St. John

“Mr Wonderful’s Taxi and Tour Service. You have to be pretty good to live up to your name! His cell: (340) 643-3096″
- by Kristin Demong of the local blog and villa, Great Expectations
... no longer a stranger to paradise
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

Thanks for the info, Iprof.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

A Bunch of us, locals and visitors, made a deal with Mr Penn's taxi service for Halloween as most people didn't want to drive to Skinny's and then back. His service was wonderful and well worth the money. It may be worth a phone call to him.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

Good to know. Thanks.
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

Anybody out there who knows the current health status of Grasshopper, Inner Visions' lead singer, guitarist? I read he had a serious stroke after we last saw him at Cinnamon Bay Campground on March 19th, 2015.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

The latest update that I have on Grasshopper is that he remains at the Veterans Hospital in Puerto Rico and has started rehab. He still is not speaking. Fundraisers throughout the island communities continue and the next one is tomorrow night at High Tide from 10pm-1am. There is also a fundraiser occurring in Woodstock NY in the next couple weeks.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting