Little Palm Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
lazylane

Little Palm Villa

Post by lazylane »

Hi folks! Anyone have any experience with this villa in Coral Bay?
ArkieLovesSTJ

Re: Little Palm Villa

Post by ArkieLovesSTJ »

We stayed there for a week in May. Is there specific questions? Overall we were pleased but we did have a few issues.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

just basic questions, I am not finding any reviews. Does the bedroom have a/c? Where in Coral Bay is it? Would you rent it again? Bed comfortable?
ArkieLovesSTJ

Post by ArkieLovesSTJ »

We'll the main bedroom is downstairs from the main living and dining area. It is air conditioned but you can't close the windows, so we had a hard time cooling it off when we were there in May. The bed was fine. The A/C in the main bedroom is the only reservation we would have on renting it again. The second bedroom is really a converted office that has a window and door that opens to the kitchen (it does have good A/C).

The villa is located in the Carolina's above Centerline as you are coming down into Coral Bay. I think it is the last road on the left as you are coming into Coral Bay. It has a great view and was nicely equipped.

We had an electrical issue and ran out of gas for the oven while we were there, but the maintenance guy responded very quickly when we called him.

We will try to watch this thread for a while longer, but feel free to send us a PM if you would like.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Thanks, can't live without my a/c in the bedroom!!!! :o
sfarns

Post by sfarns »

We will be staying at Little Palm mid-March. I will try and remember to post a review when we return!
sfarns

Post by sfarns »

We stayed at Little Palm Villa a month ago. It's ok for one couple. Would not be great for 2 couples or family with young kids. The 2nd bedroom/office would be ok for preteens. Would not work with young kids since it is upstairs on main level and the master is downstairs. Definitely would not be "equally split" between two couples. We spent all of our time on the screened in porch and enjoyed it very much. However, we would not return.
inva1995

Post by inva1995 »

We are planning our first visit this fall & *had* narrowed down our cottage choices to this one or Pine Cone Drive. I then found these reviews, hmmmm

It's just the two of us; looking for a quiet place, views, quiet, pool or spa, and did I mention quiet? :) Coral Bay seems to be referred to as quiet side of the island, so I was leaning towards there.

Does this cottage sound appropriate for us?

I see a few comments in reference to the A/C situation at night, what are the temps @ night?

Thanks!
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

My husband and I stayed at Island Time on Devers Bay last August and enjoyed it very much. It was convenient to Cruz Bay yet quiet with regard to traffic, full AC, pool, spa, fantastic views. Master on same level as kitchen and living area, second equal master in seperate building on same level connected by deck.

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/property/island-time/
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

For one couple you might consider Sun, Moon, and Stars up Calabash Rd. The views were stunning, it was quiet - top of the road except for the castle, with good AC in BR. I loved it up there!! We wanted to try the "sunset" views this time, but I would absolutely stay there again!