should i rent a jeep for everyday in st. john

Travel discussion for St. John
jbpadgett09

should i rent a jeep for everyday in st. john

Post by jbpadgett09 »

My wife and I are traveling to st. John for the first time in June. We are staying for four days at grande bay resort. I'm wondering if we should rent a jeep for everyday we are there? Our plans are to hop from beach to beach snorkeling and to do some hiking while there. Thanks
shoemak38

Re: should i rent a jeep for everyday in st. john

Post by shoemak38 »

answer is yes
grandpainin

Post by grandpainin »

Yes
Betty

Post by Betty »

Paris Car Rental is offering 20% off Jeep Rentals from May until end of October and they will pick you up at the Dock or Grande Bay. You need to ask for the discount when booking your reservation.
We have guests that have been getting good prices for economy cars in STT at the airport. Budget is one that has good prices. Make sure if you rent in STT that they allow cars to come to St John.
You are paying a lot of money for your vacation it is a shame to miss out on some great beaches (Water Lemon, Salt Pond and East End) because you don't have an automobile. With Maho Campground closed the taxis only go out as far as Cinnamon and Trunk. You also do not want to get stranded out at a beach at the end of a day.
bigyellowtuna

Post by bigyellowtuna »

disregard "Budget is one that has good prices". Do your research, they have good prices, but when you go to get your jeep they will not have any vehicles. Your budget reservation with good price means nothing.
snorkeler525

Post by snorkeler525 »

Do you have 4 full days on island or does your 4 days include your arrival day and departure day? If the latter, you really only have 2 days for snorkeling and hiking so I don't think you have to have a rental car. Just plan to use taxis or hike to get to some of the beaches nearer to Cruz Bay. Since you are staying at Grande Bay, you can walk anywhere you want for dinner/lunch as well as to get provisions for your villa.

Not nearly enough time on this beautiful island - you will be coming back once you get a taste of it!