Got back Saturday

Travel discussion for St. John
inuny

Got back Saturday

Post by inuny »

We spent the last week of March and first week of April on island. The March week was really busy, the beach parking spots filled up quickly. The first week we had 2 20 somethings. Since they didn't wake up until at least noon, we didn't get to the beach until the afternoon. The early risers were leaving by then, so actually it worked out well. A lot of villa gravity in the morning

Scuba:
My son's friend had never dove. Low Key has a Discover dive-you get a movie and briefing then do a shallow dive ($155). He enjoyed it.

Food:
Morgan's Mango-I avoided the place for years after several problems with service (the food was always good). We went twice and the service and food was excellent.

Miss Lucy's-I posted separately about the issues there. Enough said

Aqua Bistro- My father-in-law said the scallops were the best he'd ever had. (we went there twice too). The food is always consistent.

Joe's diner-this is a small place across from Castaways. It's a basic place, not the kind of place you'd go to on vacation. I've passed it numerous times. My father-in-law (diabetic) needed to eat something and there was Joe's diner. He had a grilled cheese. I think it was $3.50 or $4.50. Ham or turkey sandwiches were 4.50-5.50.

Tamarind Inn- we went on a Friday for roast beef night (although no one ordered that). The tuna was excellent. I had the Thansgiving dinner (turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce)-tasty and a huge portion. The entrees (other than the prime rib which was $30) were $19. For an additional $11, you can get appetizer and dessert. We enjoyed the meal, so returned for Caribbean night. There was a great blues band from Chicago, but unfortunately the meals were lackluster.
liamsaunt

Re: Got back Saturday

Post by liamsaunt »

Thanks for the report. I too have not been to Morgan's Mango for years after a couple of meals with absolutely terrible service. Maybe I will consider giving them another chance on our upcoming trip.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

We went twice our last trip after not having been since our first time on island. We enjoyed it both times.
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

Love your report! Maybe if I'd do one like this, I could actually get it finished! Nice and concise!

I think we may have to give Morgan's Mango a try once again also! :)