Thinking about a week on Jost

Travel discussion for St. John
Capn Dan and Ruby

Thinking about a week on Jost

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

We haven't even gotten to our trip this year and we are planning for next year. We were thinking of switching it up a little... Like a week on Jost. I know many of you do this, and I probably could look it up in past posts, but I am not to swift when it comes to such things. :? So talk to me...
malok

Re: Thinking about a week on Jost

Post by malok »

Stayed on Yost for three nights a few years back. Loved the days, nights not so much. Had lodging adjacent to Foxy's which was only busy when an excursion would arrive. Then all was quiet. If solitude and pure relaxation is what you want then Yost will fit the bill. White Bay, great beach with either action by the Soggy Dollar or mostly peace and quiet furthur down the beach. After dinner not a whole lot going on. If your looking for that kind of experience Yost is the place. If your looking to find a little taste of the Cruz Bay atmosphere not here.
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Here is a great blog entry about Jost from a forum member:
http://vicki-h.travellerspoint.com/co/222/
Watch it, her blog is addictive and I don't even know her!
Capn Dan and Ruby

Thanks that helped a lot! I remember reading this now. The opening entry sais it all. If you want to be comfortable on Jost you have to defiantly spend over 4000$ a week. :roll: Don't want to do that. Esp. when I can be very comfortable on St. John for half that!
adsjayhawk

Post by adsjayhawk »

We've stayed at Sandcastle Hotel (Soggy Dollar) several times. I highly recommend it. Steps from the ocean. The staff is fantastic (Winsome, Tina, Shaneek, Blossom & Mic), they take great care of you, even when it is busy during the day charter times 11-3. Great people watching in the afternoon. If it's too busy walk down the beach to Seddy's One Love, Gurtrude's, or Ivan's. The best times, however are when the day charters leave and it really quiets down. Don't miss Foxy's BBQ, or dinner at Corsairs.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

We
May be headed over for a couple days in June for our 25 the anniversary. Looking forward to it.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
psufan

Post by psufan »

So that's where St John residents go to get away from it all :wink:
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

And Anagada and Puerto Rico.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
sabalpom

Post by sabalpom »

I stayed at the Sandcastle for 2 nights a couple of years ago. I also agree nothing to do after dinner at all & the Soggy Dollar Bar does not stay open very late. I enjoyed staying there but do prefer more action at night.
Last edited by sabalpom on Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capn Dan and Ruby

EagleRayLover wrote:We
May be headed over for a couple days in June for our 25 the anniversary. Looking forward to it.
When in June?
Capn Dan and Ruby

[quote="sabalpom"]I stayed at the Sand Dollar for 2 nights a couple of years ago. I also agree nothing to do after dinner at all & the Soggy Dollar Bar does not stay open very late. I enjoyed staying there but do prefer more action at night.[/quote
Action at night is not our concernS are comfort, peace, and snorkeling.
sabalpom

Post by sabalpom »

You will probably enjoy the peace & the quiet time, then. It is beautiful sitting out on the beach there at night. Have a wonderful time!! 8)