car rental parking in town

Travel discussion for St. John
John LMBZ06

car rental parking in town

Post by John LMBZ06 »

We always use Conrad for car rentals because we can park in his lot for free at night when we come into town and never have to look for a space. We will be on the island the last week of May and were wondering what experience anyone else has had with St. John car rental having enough space to park there at night if we rent from them instead. They told me "if there is space, we can park there". Have you ever tried to park there and there was no space available?
lprof

Re: car rental parking in town

Post by lprof »

Yes, we have. In November.
Probably three fourths of the times we have tried over 6 years, there has been space.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
psufan

Post by psufan »

I would have to agree with prof. We generally have had no problems finding a space in their lot. The one time we had an issue seemed as though they didn't have many vehicles rented because the lot was full and when we went back on multiple days the same vehicles were parked in the same spots.
mfaughey

Post by mfaughey »

I always rent from St John Car Rental, and have to say that the parking can be treacherous , especially if you need to make a u-turn because there is not a spot available. Slimens or the place across from him is a godsend, if the municipal lot is packed...

Just my opinion....