Another beautiful day

Travel discussion for St. John
michigan girls

Another beautiful day

Post by michigan girls »

Up early again today. No good sunrise as it was cloudy, but a beautiful morning anyway.

Off to NPS doc early for the Reef Bay hike. Just as we're getting out of the taxi, it started downpouring - like buckets of water. It was kind of cool though, I didn't mind so much. Lasted about 5 minutes, then we were good to go. We had a very lovely tour guide, funny and informative. The hike was wonderful, I would highly recommend it. Don't think I could have handled the trip back up, happy that we had the boat at the end. My bad ankle was ugly swollen when we got back to the house, but some chill time with an icepack and some rum mango punches set everything right.

Shrimp on the barbie and then some chill time before we headed off to Miss Lucy's for the Moonlight Madness party and Inner Visions.

The guys played a great set as always, and the crab cakes and key lime pie we all shared was super yummy. Sat with a very nice couple from the Philly area and enjoyed their company.

Back up to the house for a little bit of working, now off to bed. Thinking Lameshur for tomorrow, maybe Vie's in the afternoon. Hoping to see Angels Rest out there if we're lucky.

Quite windy tonight, with occasional very light sprinkles. Mayra reports that although we got drenched on our hike, it never rained at all in Calabash Boom all day, as she had a villa gravity day.
EagleRayLover

Re: Another beautiful day

Post by EagleRayLover »

Glad you're having such a nice time !!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

Texting you today about dinner Leslie :)
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

So funny how such a small island can vary so much. We saw the cloud come over and knew someone was getting wet but we were spared. The night before it poured buckets before sunrise and everything was all fresh and dewey in the morning. The trip back up the Reef Bay Trail just about killed me last time. I'm sure the previous night's margaritas were partly to blame but still, be glad you took the boat back! Glad you're having fun!
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

You survived the hike! Good job! I'm sure the rum helped. :wink:

Hope to luck up and catch Inner Visions one year while on-island....
IA Joe

Post by IA Joe »

Glad to hear your nice report on the Reef Bay hike. We have never done it but we have reservations at the end of May and are really looking forward to it.

Keep the great reports coming.

Joe