2 bedroom suggestion near Cruz Bay

Travel discussion for St. John
drd434

2 bedroom suggestion near Cruz Bay

Post by drd434 »

Hello all,

My wife and I stayed on STJ for the first time in August of 2013. We are now wanting to return! The last time we stayed at Bliss at Cruz Views. The condo seemed perfect for one couple. The 2nd sleeping arrangement at Bliss was a loft, with no privacy.

We are planning another trip for June of 2015. I know it is never too early to start planning. We would like a 2-bedroom set up as we will be traveling with SIL and BIL. Anyone have any suggestions within walking Distance to Cruz Bay, 2-bedrooms, under $2500 a week?

Thanks,

DRD
Lindy

Re: 2 bedroom suggestion near Cruz Bay

Post by Lindy »

Hey fellow Badgers!! (Moved to Connecticut from South of Waukesha, close to Mukwonago) - Why stay in a condo when you can have an entire villa with a pool? If you can sacrifice walking distance for a two minute drive out of town check out Kia Ora. It's actually a 3 bedroom place, but still within your price range in the off season with a large pool, fantastic outdoor area and some of the best sunset views around. It's not fancy, but still very comfortable and reasonable and located so close to Cruz Bay that you won't mind the drive. Check it out......http://www.kiaoravilla.com/files/index_slidepic1.png
drd434

Post by drd434 »

Villa's are fine...doesn't have to be a condo!
ToonMann

Post by ToonMann »

You should take a look at Battery Hill. Built the same year as Cruz Views, I believe.

Of the nine units at BH, eight have 2 bedrooms. In three of these eight units, the second bedroom is a loft, but the remainder have two private bedrooms.

TM
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

This may sound a bit far fetched, but if you can make the walk into town from Cruz Views you can walk just a little further and walk up to Sunset Ridge Villas. Part of the walk is up a goat path but we do it often. The views are spectacular and the bedrooms are in separate buildings which each unit consists of. Take a look and PM me. I will draw you a map of the trail into town. There should be units available in June.

http://sunsetridgevillas.com/index.shtml
Last edited by BillVT on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drd434

Post by drd434 »

Bill,

How much longer is the walk along the "goat path". We started out walking back and forth to Cruz Views...and then would only walk to Cruz Views and catch a ride back as the hill was a little steep after a few pain killers!

DRD
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

The worst part of the walk home is that first pitch before Cruz Views. I have been known to walk backwards up that section to make it more manageable. At least I think it helps. Past Cruz Views it is less steep and easier walking. Here is the map I promised. We figure it takes us about 20 minutes to get from the ferry dock to SRV. We are in our 60's and I am "slightly" overweight. Get it?

Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Have you considered Grande Bay? Place is beautiful and location is ideal if you like to play in Cruz Bay. I have not personally stayed here but you may want to check out this 2 bdrm which is owned by a member of the forum.
http://www.facebook.com/l/rAQG2-EgvAQFt ... com/328461
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

dflannell

Post by dflannell »

I second the motion on Battery Hill. Recently stayed at Rainbows End which is a two bedroom with a/c in the bedrooms. Great location, reasonable rates and the place is nicely furnished with a super covered and uncovered deck area. Stayed in May with a couple of buddies and booked again in September for 10 days. It's on VRBO and the owner is Patti Hughes and she is terrific.
Very doable walk into Cruz Bay. A bit uphill on the way back but not bad at all unless you have trouble walking.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

will you not have a Jeep??? If so, I suggest Great Cruz Bay area or Chocolate Hole area....great views, yet only a short drive to town. :D
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

Barb Y wrote:Have you considered Grande Bay? Place is beautiful and location is ideal if you like to play in Cruz Bay. I have not personally stayed here but you may want to check out this 2 bdrm which is owned by a member of the forum.
http://www.facebook.com/l/rAQG2-EgvAQFt ... com/328461
If you didn't like walking to Cruz Views then I think Sunset would be a big stretch! Look at this villa in Chocolate Hole: http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/property/ ... ailability
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

drd434 wrote:Hello all,

My wife and I stayed on STJ for the first time in August of 2013. We are now wanting to return! The last time we stayed at Bliss at Cruz Views. The condo seemed perfect for one couple. The 2nd sleeping arrangement at Bliss was a loft, with no privacy.

We are planning another trip for June of 2015. I know it is never too early to start planning. We would like a 2-bedroom set up as we will be traveling with SIL and BIL. Anyone have any suggestions within walking Distance to Cruz Bay, 2-bedrooms, under $2500 a week?

Thanks,

DRD
I've already booked our villa and flights for our trip in June/July 2015! He who hesitates looses their first choice. :D
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

I haven't stayed here, but it seems great for 2 couples. Located at the Point by Gallows. A little over 2500 : http://www.suitestjohn.com/GP_SeaView/gp_seaview.html
janet