October-dining out

Travel discussion for St. John
SamanthaL

October-dining out

Post by SamanthaL »

We usually travel in May, but this year we are traveling at the end of October (fingers crossed for no hurricanes). Anyway, I am so disappointed that both ZoZo's and Latapa will be closed! With ZoZo's move to the ruins at Caneel, I was REALLY looking forward to going there.
We will want to go out at least once to get a little dressed up and have a nice meal. What does everyone recommend? Asolare?

Also, will it be a ghost town at the end of October? I will enjoy the beaches with no crowds but don't want the island to be dead!
Thanks!
betsyv

Re: October-dining out

Post by betsyv »

We are going at the end of Oct. also....
I'm hoping to get into Zozos Nov. 1. It will be our last night, and a good way to end our trip.
I have never gone to Asolare, so I cant help you there.
Have you seen the restaurant closings page on the St. John Spice site? They have a list of closings and when they open back up.

Hope we both get good weather... Have a fun trip!

BetsyV
BetsyV

BostontoSTJ

Post by BostontoSTJ »

I'm in the same boat. I spoke with Alexandra at La Tapa and she hopes to open mid October!
kklay

Post by kklay »

I can't comment on the dining however I have been to St. John several times in late October. There were still plenty of visitors and if you are there for Halloween, you'll see some great, inventive costumes! It's a fun time and although the beaches are less crowded than say, middle to late November, you'll still find people on the beach and people having fun! Enjoy your time!
BostontoSTJ

Post by BostontoSTJ »

IMO I LOVE STJ in October, yeah you risk a possible hurricane, but what you get in return is beaches almost empty, parking everywhere and there's always a seat at the beach bar. Outside of STJ, Soggy $ isn't 7 people deep at the bar.

My only complaint about October is that ZoZo's and Miss Lucy's are always closed. Other than that you have everything you need.

BONUS: Gallows just posted that they are taking 30% off Sept October stays on most rooms, that saved us almost $1000