Bad Kitty

Travel discussion for St. John
Mstash

Bad Kitty

Post by Mstash »

Will be on STJ on July 8th-18th. How far in advance should we make reservations for the 5 island trip.Or should we wait till we get on the island.
Mstash

Re: Bad Kitty

Post by Mstash »

No opinions ?? Wow
kklay

Post by kklay »

I believe your visit is after Carnival, if so I believe you could wait until on island. We have booked with their other vessel and waited until we were on island, although it was November when we did this. Bad Kitty takes a larger group, so it's not like you are trying to get a trip on a boat that only holds 6 or less.
Mstash

Post by Mstash »

Thank you
ms411

Post by ms411 »

You should book before. If things look slow, they may tell the crew to take off. July is peak family travel month so book now to lock down the date you want.
I Like to KIS (Keep It Simple)
Mstash

Post by Mstash »

We did the trip on the 15th and well worth it. We pulled up on the beach down from the Soggy Dollar Bar in front of Coco Loco. A small wooden boat was next to us with a lot of slack anchor rope on the beach. After a while a drunk came out of the coco loco and started yelling at out captain that he was hitting his boat.Our captain was very professional and spoke with a calm voice back to the drunk. Then I saw the drunk go to his truck and get a knife and walked through the bar and down the beach and cut our anchor rope. With out words the two deck hands got the anchor and retied it and moved it up the beach while the caption was on the phone with police. They came and all is well.
Great job to the Miss Kitty crew the way they handled the whole situation.Other than that 1/2 hour period the trip was great. Thank you
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

Wow ~ sounds like a bit of excitement. So glad to hear you had a great trip! :)